Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2020, 09:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dave_roe Quote
You could always take all the prices found and do an average.
For me I set a price based onj how important it is to own and willing to pay and stick to it
I understood the OP as wanting to sell, not to buy. I gave him an average K1000 sale price in my post just above.

11-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #17
Pentaxian

The price is, of course, determined by the ability to pay it. Motivation is essential. That's why I'm so tired of ads The added value is enormous. So sell while the product is being bought.
11-08-2020, 12:53 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Personally I would not pay more than £40 for a K1000, even if I wanted a camera like that to use myself. There are lots of equivalent cameras of that era on Ebay under £50.
Same here! I paid $25 USD for a Ricoh XR-1 in EX+ condition with 50/1.7 AND Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 thrown in.

OTOH, selling a K1000 for more than one might be willing to pay is OK, assuming one does not feel bad about not getting the asking price.

Steve
11-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a lot of variability in what cameras sell for on ebay, for example. If a camera store is selling a k1000 that has been checked out and/or repaired by a technician and has new seals and is in nice condition it will sometimes go for 200-250. If it is not as nice, the person thinks it works and doesn't have new seals then you get in the half that price range. Sometimes a person or thrift store doesn't know what to charge and you get random pricing.

11-09-2020, 05:32 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
What I find interesting is on Ebay if you can find one listed as an actual auction it sells for 50-75% of the price of ones listed as buy it now. Applies to almost everything on Ebay. I guess that's why very few things are listed as auction any more. I wonder how many of those listed actually sell.
The economic reason for that is that the seller sacrifices some of the cost to the buyer in return for not having to price the item and having a higher probability of a quick sale. The buyer pays less but sacrifices convenience and time to participate in the auction.

There are still quite a few auctions on Ebay these days.