Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's a good video on this mono gimbal

12-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
The ball head does not allow unlocked, balanced use like a gimbal. (I have that exact ball head)
Once you balance the camera rig on the axis of a gimbal, the camera and lens will stay in whatever position it was set without your hand holding it. The MH-100 works perfectly in that respect. The bearing in the MH-100 has no issues at all smoothly supporting and allowing the weight of my K-3, D-BG5, AF540FGZ, HD DA 1.4X and DFA150-450. The rotating collar on a heavy lens allows quick switches between vertical and horizontal. The gimbal, nearly effortless, smooth vertical travel. Panning is done by turning the monopod, just like it would be with the pod mounted directly to the lens foot.
Either you or i is missing something. when i tilt the head 90 degrees in the slot. it behaves exactly like the gimbal; bearing. if the lens is balanced, it stays put. the lever to lock the head can be used to adjust the drag. and you have freedom for rotation as well as tilt.

note this is not the same as having the mount in its normal vertical position. there i agree you cannot let go or the lens will flop

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 01-05-2021 at 12:57 PM.
02-07-2021, 05:42 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
Here's a good video on this mono gimbal
Yea, posted in in #2 a month earlier.

More experiences with the WH-100 Monogimbal?
03-19-2021, 12:27 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Ballhead Flexshooter

QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
The other head am looking at is the Flexshooter head.
That one seems very well regarded as well, but costs a whole lot more than the Wimberley Monogimbal.
I restumbled about the Ballhead Flexshooter today