Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aftermarket hard case for Pentax 20x60 binocular - recommendations?

Are there any Pentax 20x60 binoc users here who have replaced the stock soft case with something rugged? I'm wondering what you found that was a good fit. It would be great if it also accommodates the tripod mount piece while still attached to the binocular, though that's not strictly necessary. And I'd like to keep it under $100.

Someone on an astronomy forum suggests a case that's apparently not available in the US, and that's all I'm finding in a quick search.The Pelican 1200 looks similar but probably a smidge too small.

01-16-2021, 05:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pelican Case Sizes| Pelican Case Size Guide with Dimensions

Not endorsing this reseller, as I know nothing about them. They have a handy listing. See how much space your
binocs need and go from there.

Also:

Search Results For "Apache Protective Case"

These are Chinese made units, but not bad. I use a smaller one for a revolver case and it does a nice job.
01-16-2021, 08:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As @jlstrawman posted the not bad Chinese made Apache cases are reasonably priced at Harbor Freight I bought a 3800 series to store several of my lens in. They offer good protection with water sealing. Of course, the Pelican cases are the best you can buy.

Last edited by Larrymc; 01-16-2021 at 08:53 PM.
01-17-2021, 05:42 AM   #4

If you go the harbor freight route you can get a 20% coupon

01-17-2021, 06:31 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use "Plano" brand hard cases. Good latches, airtight with a closeable vent. Similar to "pelican" but much cheaper. They come in two sizes and can be found quickly at Walmart online.
01-17-2021, 04:06 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Are there any Pentax 20x60 binoc users here who have replaced the stock soft case with something rugged? I'm wondering what you found that was a good fit. It would be great if it also accommodates the tripod mount piece while still attached to the binocular, though that's not strictly necessary. And I'd like to keep it under $100.

Someone on an astronomy forum suggests a case that's apparently not available in the US, and that's all I'm finding in a quick search.The Pelican 1200 looks similar but probably a smidge too small.
Look up Apache cases from Harbor Freight.