Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
FWIW, I bought a Siriu T-0055KX [/URL]"Travel Tripod" with a C-10X ballhead at the annual Birmingham "Photoshow" about 5 yrs ago for around £100 because it wasn't expensive, was not very heavy , with a K-30 & 18-135 on to it felt pretty stable, and it has a loop under the "head" of the tripod from which you can hang a bag of "stuff" to stabilise it.

My own major issue is that the ballhead securing knobs are very small, which makes it difficult to tighten them sufficiently....
I think I've found partial "solutions" to the issues with the ballhead securing knobs:
- the larger tilt adjustment knob: found a short length of 18mm i/d rubber tubing (probably unused car engine hose of some sort), cut that to length and "persuaded" it over the knob - makes it quite a bit larger and much easier to "tighten up"
- the smaller rotation locking knob: turns out that this has an M5 thread, and so I've ordered a much larger "Black Stainless Steel Knurled Thumb Screw Hand Grip Knob Bolts M5 High Type", 12mm thread length, which should directly replace the existing pretty useless one and lock the rotation more securely.

I'm reasonably sure that the same, or very similar, "solutions" would be also be suitable for other versions/derivatives of that type of ballhead.

02-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Update:

Here's a shot of the C-10X ballhead with the tubing over the large knob and the replacement knob, and another with the modded ballhead fitted back on the tripod - showing that the mods don't stop the tripod being fully folded-up

PS: taken with my old "workshop" Canon A720 compact - so please excuse the "quality"
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot A720 IS  Photo