Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2021, 05:45 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I use the OpTech equivalent, because I use for normal shooting a lengthened OpTech strap for over the shoulder cross body carrying of the camera otherwise, especially for long lenses. Neck straps just donít make sense, they are simply not long enough and donít put the camera is a confronts lie place for walking, or taking the cameraĒs weight.
I switched from OpTech to PeakDesign after scoring a good deal during Black Friday sales in 2020. I greatly prefer the PD Slide strap, which does all the things I liked about the OpTech cross-body strap but also eliminates all the things I found frustrating about it.

04-30-2021, 07:07 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I know some people who use it and like it. As for me, I prefer a hand strap (just sliding my hand inside) but I don't like Peak Design's solution, it takes longer to install, so I made my own. I love it and have one on two of my three cameras (the other one mostly stays at home).
I've debated getting a hand strap. Can you describe how you made yours or link to DIY instructions?
04-30-2021, 07:57 AM - 2 Likes   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
I've debated getting a hand strap. Can you describe how you made yours or link to DIY instructions?
There you go. This is on my Sony, I have a similar one (with brown leather) for my K-1.

I use Peak Design anchors and a tripod plate permanently attached (also Peak Design, it's very slim and has holes to attach the anchors). I also purchased a band of leather out of eBay, a few bucks. And I used two Anchor Clips.

Simply measure the right length of leather, cut it, punch holes for its screws (that band closes with two screws). Slide it in the holes of the Anchor Clips and you're done.

Seems weirdly uncomfortable but it really isn't. I've been using that for many years on the K-1, and it's just perfect. And easy to remove when I don't want it.
04-30-2021, 09:40 AM - 2 Likes   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Accessories ? I had never really given a thought about that. I guess using a tripod is using an accessory. Also I acquired a 645 Auto-Bellows that opened up a totally new field of possibilities.

Regards

05-03-2021, 05:32 AM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Accessories ? I had never really given a thought about that. I guess using a tripod is using an accessory. Also I acquired a 645 Auto-Bellows that opened up a totally new field of possibilities.

Regards

Great lighting on the subject. I assume that you used a flash?
05-03-2021, 11:41 AM - 2 Likes   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Great lighting on the subject. I assume that you used a flash?
No, this is natural light coming from a western oriented window. I used flash in the past : total darkness, open shutter and keep it open with a cable, fire flash manually multiple times from different directions to cancel shadows, close shutter. It gave great results. As you can see, one essential accessory for macrophotography in my "1 liter pot of Behr paint". Without it, adjusting shooting distance would be a chore ... lol !

05-03-2021, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
No, this is natural light coming from a western oriented window. I used flash in the past : total darkness, open shutter and keep it open with a cable, fire flash manually multiple times from different directions to cancel shadows, close shutter. It gave great results. As you can see, one essential accessory for macrophotography in my "1 liter pot of Behr paint". Without it, adjusting shooting distance would be a chore ... lol !
That is hilarious. I think we should get Adam to market paint cans with Pentax forums old t shirt designs as Macro positioning stands.

05-04-2021, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Since we are talking macro I wouldn't want to be without the Wimberley Plamp. Wimberley Professional Photo Gear - The Plamp II. Sure helps stop wind motion.

Thanks,
barondla
05-05-2021, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #84
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Since we are talking macro I wouldn't want to be without the Wimberley Plamp. Wimberley Professional Photo Gear - The Plamp II. Sure helps stop wind motion.

Thanks,
barondla
Dude, you rock. I have been searching and searching for something that will allow me to position my polarizing gels in more flexible ways for art shoots.
05-05-2021, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #85
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Thanks,
barondla
I never even new stuff like that existed. Macro is another level of dedication.
05-06-2021, 02:18 PM - 2 Likes   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks,
barondla
Thatís pretty spiffy!
07-08-2021, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #87
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Thanks,
barondla
Great looking gadget

Question L bracket which one / brand to get for a K5 11 ?

Dave
07-27-2021, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #88

Most of my shooting is hand-held. However, at times I will use a monopod (and even less frequently a tripod). The problem is quickly going from hand-held to monopod. What I found was this:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1455396-REG/digitalfoto_solution_limi...981&

I more or less just mount it to my camera and leave it there. It adds little bulk to the camera, and allows me to quickly mount/dismount the camera on the monopod. It allows me to quickly do portrait and landscape formats. And it's not expensive.

The second item goes with it. I needed a way to carry the monopod with me and since my wife almost always accompanies me on our hikes, and she wanted a walking stick, I got this to convert my monopod into a walking stick:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1418053-REG/magnus_mha_01_monopod_han...981&

It attaches to the top of my monopod. I put it on a quick release (just like my L-bracket) and I can quickly steal her walking stick and convert it back to my monopod.
07-28-2021, 09:27 AM - 2 Likes   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My old Gossen light meter:

Gossen Luna-Pro sbc reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Phil.
07-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #90
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I like that. I used to use a Weston. Must admit to being tempted to pick one up from ebay just for a bit of nostalgia.