Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 65 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2021, 06:32 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
ooooo, so many to chose from.

My Mindshift Ultralight Dual 36L backpack(now discontinued, so I bought a spare)? My Leofoto Kit LN-404C & DC-404C Center Column Series 5 Compatible Bowl Tripod Carbon Fiber (It was $100.00 less when I got it 2 years ago. max height of legs=70.8 inches, with raised column I need a ladder)? These 2 sprinf to mind, along with my Acratech ballheads and Benro geared head....

But I aspire to this...
That's quiet the accessory!

02-23-2021, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
The Mercedes would be a pretty nice photography accessory. I actually bought a four wheel drive Toyota Tacoma a year ago and it's turned into a pretty nice photo accessory, I go places that I would not have taken my Honda Civic.

Attachment 526170
I was going to mention my Nissan Frontier for the same reason. Bringing home our new Flagstaff E-Pro 19FBS in a few months. That will make it even more versatile.

In 2019 my wife and I were in Yellowstone with the truck. We were driving through a really rough section where they were repairing the road. Very muddy with 6 inch (160mm) or deeper ruts,. Glad I had the truck as it handled it without any problems. It was still a painful experience as I was following a guy with a newer model Corvette. Can't imagine what was going through his mind.
02-23-2021, 07:33 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I was going to mention my Nissan Frontier for the same reason. Bringing home our new Flagstaff E-Pro 19FBS in a few months. That will make it even more versatile.

In 2019 my wife and I were in Yellowstone with the truck. We were driving through a really rough section where they were repairing the road. Very muddy with 6 inch (160mm) or deeper ruts,. Glad I had the truck as it handled it without any problems. It was still a painful experience as I was following a guy with a newer model Corvette. Can't imagine what was going through his mind.
My dad and I went to a gun range in the National forest about 1.5 hrs from here. There were two roads in... I picked the wrong one. We made it thanks to his Nissan, but only barely. I’ve never experienced a worse road. Lol.
02-23-2021, 07:40 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 3by2 Quote
If I recall, they were cutting edge and not cheap when they came out. It was actually something like that I was looking for when I found the Ravpower.
They where and still are.

The current replacement:

amazon.com: Nexto DI NPS-10 All-in-1 Portable Backup Storage for Professionals, XQD/CFexpress Interface, 2X SD (UHS-II) and 1x microSD Slots: Electronics?tag=pentaxforums-20&

Without diskdrive 390 dollar

But when you take in considoration that i am using it for some 10 years, now, it was (and will be) a good investment

Last edited by Sakura; 02-23-2021 at 07:54 AM.
02-23-2021, 03:07 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote

I cannot imagine a Corvette making it through that. I chose the wrong road in Croatan National Forest a couple month ago. In one spot I was afraid I might have water pouring in the doors if I stopped, but the Tacoma pulled right through it.
02-24-2021, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Your favourite accessories
It's just gotta be my tripod... a Gitzo Series 5 Systematic XL GT5543XLS fitted c/w Really Right Stuff BH-55 Pro with B2 Pro II Clamp head.

It is alleged... as the years move on I will get shakier, but my support system couldn't get more solid.
02-24-2021, 09:59 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
It's just gotta be my tripod... a Gitzo Series 5 Systematic XL GT5543XLS fitted c/w Really Right Stuff BH-55 Pro with B2 Pro II Clamp head.

It is alleged... as the years move on I will get shakier, but my support system couldn't get more solid.
I lucked out on a cheap Gitzo Systematic series... 3? It has the three-piece columns, spikes, and a nice plain top to put my Wimberley gimbal on.

Never thought I'd be genuinely excited about a tripod...

02-24-2021, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by RedRuff Quote
Never thought I'd be genuinely excited about a tripod...
Aye, you don't realise what you're missing out of in life 'til you get one...
02-24-2021, 09:22 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have really enjoyed and appreciated my two decade old at least Quantum Turbo Battery. I did purchase and installed a replacement battery but it is still going strong. Really is handy at holidays for getting all the candid shots of grandkids and family. The new ones are much smaller and lighter but it just keeps going. Using it with my Metz 58 AF2 really has been a good combination.
02-26-2021, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is another one that has come in very handy over the years, this little light box. I don't have it listed on my photography buys spreadsheet so I know I didn't pay too much for it, I do know I got it on ebay. It came with two lights and 4 backdrops, and the box part folds up to carry flat, with pockets for the lights but not for the backdrops. The original bulbs burned very hot, but as they needed replaced I was able to do so with LED lights, taking care of the heat problem. The back drops are not great, but they will work (red, blue, white, black). There are some newer one out now that are improved, with the white fabric on all three sides and the bottom and top. I'm thinking I paid around $15 for this and it was well worth it. The little tripod shown did not come with this, it is a MeFoto Daytrip which works great as a tabletop tripod, although I did replace the QR with a full size Arca style QR system, since it came with a mini Arca style. I don't think they make that model anymore.
Name:  20210226-Pentax KP-001.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  241.3 KB

Name:  20210226-Pentax KP-002.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  186.0 KB
02-26-2021, 01:37 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the same one, works like a charm for small opjects and also replaced the halogen lights with led bulbs.

But i also bought a bigger one, the Caruba photocube 70x70x70 cm with build in dimmable led lights

02-26-2021, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

My favorite accessory is the adapter ring that I use to fit my K mount lenses on my Samsung NX1 bodies.
03-01-2021, 02:30 AM   #28
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Here is another one that has come in very handy over the years, this little light box. I don't have it listed on my photography buys spreadsheet so I know I didn't pay too much for it, I do know I got it on ebay. It came with two lights and 4 backdrops, and the box part folds up to carry flat, with pockets for the lights but not for the backdrops. The original bulbs burned very hot, but as they needed replaced I was able to do so with LED lights, taking care of the heat problem. The back drops are not great, but they will work (red, blue, white, black). There are some newer one out now that are improved, with the white fabric on all three sides and the bottom and top. I'm thinking I paid around $15 for this and it was well worth it. The little tripod shown did not come with this, it is a MeFoto Daytrip which works great as a tabletop tripod, although I did replace the QR with a full size Arca style QR system, since it came with a mini Arca style. I don't think they make that model anymore.
Attachment 526522

Attachment 526523
Hmmm, I quite fancy something like that for occasional use. I'd probably need to think a little about how I'd use it. I tried my hand at a leaf skeleton once which was a bit of a faff to set up and light and not 100% successful, too much of it out of focus, close but no cigar and a tent like that and some mini lights would work well.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by 3by2; 03-01-2021 at 02:41 AM.
03-05-2021, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a test, i used the Nexto dI N2700 again with my current SD cards.
Unfortunually it won't support the my current 64GB and 128 GB cards :-(

So, it isn;t usable anymore for my current Pentax K1-II camera. Pictures are to large to use standard SD cards.

I just ordered the Nexto DI NPS-10 CFast and a Samsung 870 2TB SSD.
It really is expensive, but well, if it last 10 years again, it is just some 60 dollars a year

Last edited by Sakura; 03-06-2021 at 10:22 AM.
04-18-2021, 03:14 AM - 2 Likes   #30
Pentaxian

There's a few accessories I've found which are extremely handy and virtually always live in a bag somewhere near my camera.

The first one, the Ravpower device serves multiple functions and for someone who doesn't carry a laptop with them is most useful whilst travelling. It's a backup device, card to usb stick, a powerbank, a wifi range extender, including plugging it into a LAN socket to turn that into WiFi and a Wifi hotspot, so plug your card in and connect your phone or tablet to download your pics, it will also pass through to any local WiFi at the same time if you so desire, in fact it does so much I normally carry the little manual with me to remind me how to do things. The KP and others will connect to your phone directly to transfer pictures but I've found it to be quite slow, fine for the odd picture but this is quicker for a larger transfer, though for the backups, once your card is getting full, it can take 30 mins or more for a full backup, it doesn't do incremental just a full mirrored backup every time.

The second one is just a little tripod that sits on the bottom of the camera and is so unobtrusive you can safely leave it there, fold it out to put on a wall or table or ground, again nearly always on when I'm travelling.

So what are yours?
My favourite and most used accessory (apart from a tripod) is the IR remote that I use for all my real estate photography. It's much better than a cable, which can often get tangled or jogged causing slight movement on a tripod, is small and fits in your back pocket whilst preparing the shot.