Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2021, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
my old camera vest with plenty pockets ; CPL on the right-bottom, 6 stop on the right-top, 16 stops on the left-bottom, 64 stops on left-top. All lenes are pre-fitted with an 82mm filter adaptor, all filters are 82mm. This is how I survive 2 kids and one restless partner . Usually there is only one lens that goes on a hike - 24-70 f2.8

04-25-2021, 04:56 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I too generally only carry 2-3 filters per size. I use small no brand wallets. I too wish I could find something better.
Most models are designed to hold large filters. I'd prefer a smaller size as most of my filters are 58mm or smaller.

Chris
04-26-2021, 04:48 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
my old camera vest with plenty pockets ; CPL on the right-bottom, 6 stop on the right-top, 16 stops on the left-bottom, 64 stops on left-top. All lenes are pre-fitted with an 82mm filter adaptor, all filters are 82mm. This is how I survive 2 kids and one restless partner . Usually there is only one lens that goes on a hike - 24-70 f2.8
My wife thinks I look foolish when I strap my camera to my chest with a Peak Design Capture Clip. I don't want to think about what she's say if I was to wear a photo vest :P :P
04-26-2021, 05:08 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
My wife thinks I look foolish when I strap my camera to my chest with a Peak Design Capture Clip. I don't want to think about what she's say if I was to wear a photo vest :P :P
, LOL true. In my case, I am too (F)ugly to make anything on me look bad :-D. So there, I found ONE advantage for not being classically Bachelor material . Short, stubby and flabby has its perks people!

04-27-2021, 05:53 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
LOL true. In my case, I am too (F)ugly to make anything on me look bad :-D. So there, I found ONE advantage for not being classically Bachelor material . Short, stubby and flabby has its perks people!
We did see two other Capture Clip users in a recent hikes, we passed each other with knowing smiles, and my wife reacted ... politely... to my raised eyebrows.
04-27-2021, 05:58 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We did see two other Capture Clip users in a recent hikes, we passed each other with knowing smiles, and my wife reacted ... politely... to my raised eyebrows.
Since around three weeks I also use one (version 3) and if needed the corresponding pro pad. Until now works great - for not too big camera/lens combo.
04-28-2021, 04:45 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
Since around three weeks I also use one (version 3) and if needed the corresponding pro pad. Until now works great - for not too big camera/lens combo.
Do you feel that the ProPad makes a difference?

04-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I too generally only carry 2-3 filters per size. I use small no brand wallets. I too wish I could find something better.
Most models are designed to hold large filters. I'd prefer a smaller size as most of my filters are 58mm or smaller.

Chris
Ah, to be able to buy 58mm filters. I love UWA lenses, so I need 82mm for my Sigma 10–20 f/3.5 (which might get traded for a DA*11–18 f/2.8 this summer after a trial rental). I use stepper rings to use those filters on my 645 lenses with 77mm filter size. (And the 645DA 28–45 takes 82mm as well.) I guess I do have a CPL that's in the 60mm range, but I tend to buy the filter size for the largest lens I would use it on and then deal with rings.
04-28-2021, 11:48 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you feel that the ProPad makes a difference?
Yes, it makes a difference in different ways / applications. Let me explain more precise with the addition of some images.

1. Usual usage:

• The belt where you "install" the clip should to be very stable
• The camera sits relatively high on your belt
• You shift the camera into the holder from the side.

2. Using the ProPad at the belt

• Your belt that you "install" the ProPad to can be less stable than when installing the Capture Clip directly
• The camera doesn't sit on your belt but below. That can be helpful if you wear a backpack with thick hipp belt
• You shift the camera into the Catptue Clip from the top
• The ProPad puts your camera-lens-combo a little bit away from your leg / pants which may result in less friction
• You can shift the Capture Clip where you need it ...

• A western gunfighter will wear it like this ...

3. Backpack usage

• Of course usually the clip is put on your belt or backpack shoulder strap like this ...

4. A weird solution? - Maybe!

• But what if you don't wear a belt or use a backpack? Then this could be a solution ...

• Yes, you can install the Capture Clip via ProPad to a thinner strap so you can wear the camera more in front of you ...
• that by example helps to use your hiking sticks when you're in the mountains without colliding the camera with the sticks
• you get full access to your camera without need to deal with the strap - just detach the camera from the capture clip

In a nutshell - the ProPad gives us a lot more flexibility in use cases. I like it.

I appoligize being a bit off thread topic.

Last edited by acoufap; 04-28-2021 at 12:28 PM.
04-29-2021, 04:27 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
In a nutshell - the ProPad gives us a lot more flexibility in use cases. I like it.
Thank you! I knew "how" to use the ProPad, just not how it really improved things.
05-01-2021, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use a couple of cheap filter wallets bought from flea-bay, holds a few few 77mm filters. The rest of the filter wallet is filled with step-down rings smaller lens sizes. So I only have to carry a few filters + a bunch of light weight step-rings.
05-02-2021, 02:42 AM   #27
Pentaxian

I use Gobe filters for all of my different lenses. They've renamed to 'Urth' now. The advantage being that you can screw same-size filters together for storage as they come with protective metal caps each end. So you could just put them in your pocket! But when I want to travel light with just the camera I'll put the filters into a small pouch that velcros around my belt, and if I'm taking the whole camera bag the filters fit into a neat tie-up cloth bag that also comes with them on purchase, giving them added protection.
05-02-2021, 05:28 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
I use a couple of cheap filter wallets bought from flea-bay
Wallets are nice, I own a few of them, not really quick-access however.

QuoteOriginally posted by RobSpain Quote
I use Gobe filters for all of my different lenses. They've renamed to 'Urth' now. The advantage being that you can screw same-size filters together for storage as they come with protective metal caps each end. So you could just put them in your pocket!
These filters seem nice enough. Screwing them together however is the reverse of quick-access.

I'll put the filters into a small pouch that velcros around my belt
Which pouch?
05-03-2021, 01:25 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Wallets are nice, I own a few of them, not really quick-access however.

These filters seem nice enough. Screwing them together however is the reverse of quick-access.

Which pouch?
Cheap and simple: Bolsa de Filtro Funda Portátil de Cámara Tycka, 5 Bolsillos Funda Caso, filtros hasta 86 mm Redondos, Forro Interior extraíble y Resistente al Agua y al Polvo, Negro: Amazon.es: Electrónica
05-03-2021, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Cheap and simple
Resembles what I currently use.

I did get a pretty robust case with the K&F magnetic filters I recently received. It's a bit thick and zippered, which is a bit slower than Velcro. I guess I'm just hit with a case of OCD about this, I want the case to be as unobtrusive as it can.