Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2021, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
how about one of those two seater bikes ?

the person in the front pedals and you sit in the back holding the camera ?
I'd recommend a Hase Pino (see e.g. https://kokfietsen.nl/image/data/Tandems/Hase-Pino-Tandem-Fietsen.png). You have an unobstructed view in the front and a comfy seat - talking from experience. I usually only get the back seat though ...

03-24-2021, 10:29 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
how about one of those two seater bikes ?

the person in the front pedals and you sit in the back holding the camera ?
I have friends that own a tandem and the stoker in the back does the camera work.

Steve
03-24-2021, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
One reason I would want to avoid the back is the heat of summer, but it's more than likely the route I will end up with.
Yeah I guess excess heat and humidity are not things experienced too often up here in the Pacific NW. I put a front cargo rack on my bike partially shown here. After an episode where a tripod leg came loose and eventually fell out while on a rear rack that didn't get discovered until I stopped to use it, I put on this front rack. I feel better being able to keep an eye on the gear in front of me.

But I think you could put your gear on a rack like this that is in a heavily padded bag and get by fine as long as don't do any crazy riding.

04-18-2021, 07:39 AM   #34
Pentaxian

We occasionally bike when we don’t want to deal with city parking and I’ve had decent luck with a sling strap on the bike. I’ve usually got the 50-200 when we do that though.

There’s always the small fear that I’ll go down, so I usually only do it if it’s going to be a casual ride.

04-20-2021, 05:57 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the '90's a friend took his Nikon and 80-200ish lens in a camera bag attached to the back rack. The lens quit working. Later we figured out the whole metal lens barrel had slightly warped. Lenses were pretty heavy duty back then, this wasn't the E series. Apparently even with the foam in the bag, the lens "bent" around the bicycle rack. Be careful.

Thanks,
barondla
04-22-2021, 02:08 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am strongly considering this sort of solution. Keeps the camera secure, but accessible.