Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2021, 06:14 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

What you ask for exists... somewhat.

Manfrotto made a shoulder bag with a zippered compartment for a tripod some years ago, but it only fit one of their own tripods properly.

Peak design lets you strap the tripod inside the top flat of their V1 messenger bag, and with their most recent messenger and sling they have provisions to attach the tripod case (their own, or someone else's) to the bottom. Placing the tripod in the case makes it less conspicuous. Some bags like the backpacks from Wandrd and Peak design let you place a compact tripod on the inside (I placed a big lens but ffold the top section and a tripod fits perfectly):

04-16-2021, 01:16 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by andy271 Quote
why no camera bag with hidden tripod
This is perhaps just as well in my case... as I've always used massive tripods.
04-16-2021, 03:18 AM   #18

Original Poster
shoulder bags im not keen on i had one that had room for tripod underneath i did a post on this but bad on the shoulder ive ordered a thinktank mindshift 26l back pack so the tripod legs will fit in will report back and do a review
04-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #19

Not a camera bag and not a tripod, but I found this tackle box bag with table legs.
NGT Unisex's Table System II Carp Bivvy, Green, One Size: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

04-18-2021, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #20
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Peter,

May I suggest that, instead of 'swinging' it, which gives your opponent the opportunity to grab it, just grip it below the head and bring the head up smartly beneath the villain's chin. This should knock him (sorry, ladies, but far more likely) backwards, off balance and probably off his feet. It is then up to you - but only one should walk away. Another ruse would be to grasp your tripod in your 'other' hand (left, if you are right-handed) - the WBT will be watching that, so you can bring the heel of your unoccupied hand hard up under his chin, with a similar result, but without the risk of being accused of using a weapon.

Maybe there should be a thread 'Self defence for photographers' !
How about just a set of stickers saying No Sony, Nikon, or Canon inside
04-18-2021, 01:16 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just wear a huge sign, Pentaxian... thieves are not interested in them, hard to sell

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
04-18-2021, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
How about just a set of stickers saying No Sony, Nikon, or Canon inside
QuoteOriginally posted by Belcik Quote
Just wear a huge sign, Pentaxian... thieves are not interested in them, hard to sell
Wish it was that easy. My experience is that thieves wouldn't know the difference. Years ago I had three 35mm SLR Minoltas stolen, but the thief didn't touch my then new Pentax 645 which with the lenses was worth more than those Minoltas.

04-18-2021, 05:20 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree; most thieves are not real smart or at least not very discerning.

Many years ago at my parents home neighborhood kids pushed through a rusty screen
opened my dresser drawer, and from my camera bag made off with only my old Nikon F,
leaving a bunch of Nikkor lenses, each one worth more than the camera body they stole...

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 04-19-2021 at 07:38 AM.
04-18-2021, 05:29 PM   #24
FJC

You could design your own camera bag. Maybe we'll find it useful and buy it (if you make a special price for us, of course &#128521.
04-22-2021, 02:34 PM   #25

Original Poster
i ended up getting the midnshift 26l but have sent it back i like the pentax k-1 with l bracket on the side and to me there wasnt enough depth
05-03-2021, 11:53 AM   #26

Original Poster
Hi guys i got the shimoda 40l and it is superb i allso got the tenba backpack 20l shimoda is superb quality very well made and i can fit my tripod inside the tenba is small bit great just for lens and body maybe 2 lenses