Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
Forum Member

Nisi GRIII filters with DA Ltds.?

Does anyone know if the NiSi GRIII specific filters work with the DA Limited lenses?

I often use my GRIII as a wide angle option in combination with my KP + DA21, FA43, DA70, M75-150 kit. As the Limiteds + M-series are all 49mm threads, the small (and cheaper) NiSi GRIII Master Kit would be a great intro into 'square' filters...

Thanks in advance for any info.

04-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I doubt they would work on the DA lenses with 49mm threads. I have the NiSi filters, and they are tiny. That said, I've never tried them on a 49mm lens, so I will have to do that and give up an update. Who knows, maybe we'll be surprised.
04-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tbelf Quote
I often use my GRIII as a wide angle option in combination with my KP + DA21, FA43, DA70, M75-150 kit. As the Limiteds + M-series are all 49mm threads, the small (and cheaper) NiSi GRIII Master Kit would be a great intro into 'square' filters...
The adapter will thread on, but whether the filters would function as expected is another matter; the stand-off will be significant.

Steve
04-05-2021, 07:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just as an alternative to consider, you could look into the cokin a or p systems, which are the smaller two in their range. I use cokin p, and to get an nd grad, holder and 49mm adapter it's similarly affordable if not less $ depending on which kit you get. It's not as compact, but you get lots of options and a solid used market too. If you ever get lenses with a different filter size that's still under the maximum for the format and not too wide, all you need is an adapter.

04-09-2021, 12:05 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks all for the speedy advice, I reckon I'll divert towards used Cokin P -- find/ work out if I'm a regular user and take things from there.