Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2021, 01:29 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WondringLisa Quote
I am looking at third party batteries for my K-S2 (official P/N D-LI109) as the last pair I bought have been substandard and really don't keep much charge. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a make that has a good price for the charge/performance?
Have a close look at this thread:
battery question - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com

Everything mentioned about the D-LI90 goes for the D-LI109!

I had inspected an Ansmann as well, they are said to be better but their internal construction is 100% identical to the other made in China clone batteries.
None have the temperatur sensor and because the D-LI109 is thinner than the D-LI90, it swells easier with the danger to that fragile battery-hook.

Wasabi does not use Japancells but Chinacells. It is a Chinese cell manufacturer.

Even Pentax uses now Chinese cells but they have the temperature sensor!

My experience over the years:
- NEVER use the quickchargers but only the original charger!
- If you can afford it, buy an original Pentax battery, it will last much longer
- If you use clone batteries, keep a critical eye on them!

- Don't recommend clone-cells to others.