Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2021, 12:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Prohibitiory's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 471
I'm using backpacks from togldn.com

In the small one I can easily pack my KP with grip and few lenses, In the big one I have KP with grip, K-1 with grip, two big lenses (50-135 and 70-200) and 3 other lenses

All looks stylish, is waterproof and isn't obvious as a backpack. Highly recommend!

05-05-2021, 05:29 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,254
QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
I'm using backpacks from togldn.com

In the small one I can easily pack my KP with grip and few lenses, In the big one I have KP with grip, K-1 with grip, two big lenses (50-135 and 70-200) and 3 other lenses

All looks stylish, is waterproof and isn't obvious as a backpack. Highly recommend!
These look great - much more fashionable and less "Climb Mount Everest" than most others.
I really like the look of this one:
The Big Tog Bag ? TOG
05-05-2021, 05:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member
Prohibitiory's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 471
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
These look great - much more fashionable and less "Climb Mount Everest" than most others.
I really like the look of this one:
The Big Tog Bag ? TOG
That's exactly the one I have! I also have a mini one in this Grey colour

It's great because they're also supporting charities via your purchase, Grey one is for Elephants

I love this brand and they have amazing deals close to Black Friday!
05-05-2021, 06:55 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 809
Original Poster
Thanks folks, nice packs. I'm actually looking for a holster type bag like the LowePro 50, Ruggard, 65, Thank Tank 40, not a backpack.

05-05-2021, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #20
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Havant
Posts: 24
Added a photo of my K1 in the toploader 70, also measured the opening which is
6 X 61/2 inches. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G780F  Photo 
05-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 809
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rider0974 Quote
Added a photo of my K1 in the toploader 70, also measured the opening which is
6 X 61/2 inches. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for the image and measurements. That's closer. I need an opening about 5x6, but 6 x 6 1/2 may be as close as I can get. I'll keep an eye out for a Toploader 70.
05-06-2021, 11:39 AM   #22
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Havant
Posts: 24
You're welcome, good luck with your search.

05-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #23
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 3,478
Have you checked B&H? I have several holster cases (which are my favorite way to tote) of various sizes to accommodate different sized lenses, etc. 2 of which were from a camera shop, and 2 of which were from B&H. My old Lowenpro TZL 1 I measure interior at 7.5L x 6.5W x 5D- (frt-bk) which will accommodate my KP w/battery grip just fine, and with a moderately long lens, even my DA* 50-135mm or even longer. Yet the case has a rear belt loop for stability and a shoulder strap to control wobble. Also a front accessory zipper pouch, which is important to me. My DA 15mm Ltd lives there.

I now see a brand called "Ruggard Hunter" which has these features, and the PRO 55 seems like it would do the trick. Just find one of their cases and click on the measurement box indicating 7.5 x 6.5 x 8" which will bring up the PRO 55. There are also the larger PRO 65 and 75 cases.
05-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 809
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
Have you checked B&H? I have several holster cases (which are my favorite way to tote) of various sizes to accommodate different sized lenses, etc. 2 of which were from a camera shop, and 2 of which were from B&H. My old Lowenpro TZL 1 I measure interior at 7.5L x 6.5W x 5D- (frt-bk) which will accommodate my KP w/battery grip just fine, and with a moderately long lens, even my DA* 50-135mm or even longer. Yet the case has a rear belt loop for stability and a shoulder strap to control wobble. Also a front accessory zipper pouch, which is important to me. My DA 15mm Ltd lives there.

I now see a brand called "Ruggard Hunter" which has these features, and the PRO 55 seems like it would do the trick. Just find one of their cases and click on the measurement box indicating 7.5 x 6.5 x 8" which will bring up the PRO 55. There are also the larger PRO 65 and 75 cases.
Thank you. It looks like the LowePro Pro Tactic TLZ 70 works. That's a nice bag, not cheap but probably good quality, or as you pointed out the Ruggard.

---------- Post added 05-06-21 at 07:11 PM ----------

I ordered the LowePro ProTactic TLZ 70. It's on back order, I'll report back when I get it.

Thanks again everyone.
05-06-2021, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 809
Original Poster
I ordered the LowePro ProTactic TLZ 70. It's on backorder, I'll report back when I get it.

Thanks again everyone.
05-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #26
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 3,478
I wouldn't wait too long, as "on back order" could mean it winds up discontinued. One reason being, I've noticed lately, more cases are for mirrorless, and not as many for DSLR use. And those for mirrorless often not only being inadequate for DSLR use, but also not having desirable features, like front accessory compartments, or belt loops in addition to shoulder straps.

Another thing, some of those cases are (for my use) too large, which is why I have more than one, depending on the lens sizes I will by using. To accommodate any of the various versions of the DA 55-300mm lenses, though not a small size- would require only a moderate sized case, with the main consideration here being a front/back depth that will accommodate the battery grip. Not sure about your M 35-105 FF zoom lens for depth. Good luck, and it seems you are on the right track.

Last edited by mikesbike; 05-07-2021 at 08:55 PM.
05-07-2021, 08:57 PM   #27
Moderator
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 8,849
Note: I merged the duplicate threads on this subject as Forum policy discourages multiple threads of the same topic.

J Limited was having a saddle maker company in Japan making a holster and belt. I doubt you'll be able to buy it outside of Japan though. You'll have to dig through the threads on the J Limited events to find a picture.
05-16-2021, 08:11 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 809
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I wouldn't wait too long, as "on back order" could mean it winds up discontinued. One reason being, I've noticed lately, more cases are for mirrorless, and not as many for DSLR use. And those for mirrorless often not only being inadequate for DSLR use, but also not having desirable features, like front accessory compartments, or belt loops in addition to shoulder straps.

Another thing, some of those cases are (for my use) too large, which is why I have more than one, depending on the lens sizes I will by using. To accommodate any of the various versions of the DA 55-300mm lenses, though not a small size- would require only a moderate sized case, with the main consideration here being a front/back depth that will accommodate the battery grip. Not sure about your M 35-105 FF zoom lens for depth. Good luck, and it seems you are on the right track.
You may be right, I haven't heard anything from B&H. I'll give them another week or so and then check in with them.
05-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #29
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
csa's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Montana mountains
Posts: 9,942
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Holster? This one is too big but there are others:

Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 30 V2.0 Camera Bag (Black) amazon.com : Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 30 V2.0 Camera Bag (Black) : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
I have this one, and the quality is second to none! Great product!
05-21-2021, 05:26 PM   #30
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter
robgski's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,329
I use a Caselogic holster that doubles as a shoulder bag for everyday use. I grab it and go out the door.

I am planning on getting a Cotton Carrier Skout. Now that I am hiking more often I want the camera in a secure but easily accessible spot. I haven't used a neck strap in a decade, I have a wrist strap for the times when the camera is out of the holster.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
kp, lowepro, pentax kp, tlz, tripod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery Grip vs Grip Kit for KP roxiemyhorse Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 24 04-15-2021 03:55 PM
HD DA 55-300PLM + HD Pentax-DA 1.4x AW AF Rear Converter vs DFA 150-450 BruceBanner Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 75 06-25-2020 03:08 AM
KP vs K-70 - to KP or not to KP, that is the question OldChE Pentax DSLR Discussion 28 11-02-2019 05:29 AM
Should I buy a DA☆300 F4 instead of 55-300PLM? Karen the Star Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 24 07-04-2019 10:19 AM
kx w/ 18-55 & 55-300bdal for $643 or k20d W/ grip & 18-55 & 55-300 DAL for $850. tubey Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 01-10-2010 11:30 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:19 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top