Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2021, 12:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I'm using backpacks from togldn.com

In the small one I can easily pack my KP with grip and few lenses, In the big one I have KP with grip, K-1 with grip, two big lenses (50-135 and 70-200) and 3 other lenses

All looks stylish, is waterproof and isn't obvious as a backpack. Highly recommend!

05-05-2021, 05:29 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
I'm using backpacks from togldn.com

In the small one I can easily pack my KP with grip and few lenses, In the big one I have KP with grip, K-1 with grip, two big lenses (50-135 and 70-200) and 3 other lenses

All looks stylish, is waterproof and isn't obvious as a backpack. Highly recommend!
These look great - much more fashionable and less "Climb Mount Everest" than most others.
I really like the look of this one:
The Big Tog Bag ? TOG
05-05-2021, 05:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
These look great - much more fashionable and less "Climb Mount Everest" than most others.
I really like the look of this one:
The Big Tog Bag ? TOG
That's exactly the one I have! I also have a mini one in this Grey colour

It's great because they're also supporting charities via your purchase, Grey one is for Elephants

I love this brand and they have amazing deals close to Black Friday!
05-05-2021, 06:55 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks folks, nice packs. I'm actually looking for a holster type bag like the LowePro 50, Ruggard, 65, Thank Tank 40, not a backpack.

05-05-2021, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #20

Added a photo of my K1 in the toploader 70, also measured the opening which is
6 X 61/2 inches. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G780F  Photo 
05-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rider0974 Quote
Added a photo of my K1 in the toploader 70, also measured the opening which is
6 X 61/2 inches. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for the image and measurements. That's closer. I need an opening about 5x6, but 6 x 6 1/2 may be as close as I can get. I'll keep an eye out for a Toploader 70.
05-06-2021, 11:39 AM   #22

You're welcome, good luck with your search.

05-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Have you checked B&H? I have several holster cases (which are my favorite way to tote) of various sizes to accommodate different sized lenses, etc. 2 of which were from a camera shop, and 2 of which were from B&H. My old Lowenpro TZL 1 I measure interior at 7.5L x 6.5W x 5D- (frt-bk) which will accommodate my KP w/battery grip just fine, and with a moderately long lens, even my DA* 50-135mm or even longer. Yet the case has a rear belt loop for stability and a shoulder strap to control wobble. Also a front accessory zipper pouch, which is important to me. My DA 15mm Ltd lives there.

I now see a brand called "Ruggard Hunter" which has these features, and the PRO 55 seems like it would do the trick. Just find one of their cases and click on the measurement box indicating 7.5 x 6.5 x 8" which will bring up the PRO 55. There are also the larger PRO 65 and 75 cases.
05-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
Have you checked B&H? I have several holster cases (which are my favorite way to tote) of various sizes to accommodate different sized lenses, etc. 2 of which were from a camera shop, and 2 of which were from B&H. My old Lowenpro TZL 1 I measure interior at 7.5L x 6.5W x 5D- (frt-bk) which will accommodate my KP w/battery grip just fine, and with a moderately long lens, even my DA* 50-135mm or even longer. Yet the case has a rear belt loop for stability and a shoulder strap to control wobble. Also a front accessory zipper pouch, which is important to me. My DA 15mm Ltd lives there.

I now see a brand called "Ruggard Hunter" which has these features, and the PRO 55 seems like it would do the trick. Just find one of their cases and click on the measurement box indicating 7.5 x 6.5 x 8" which will bring up the PRO 55. There are also the larger PRO 65 and 75 cases.
Thank you. It looks like the LowePro Pro Tactic TLZ 70 works. That's a nice bag, not cheap but probably good quality, or as you pointed out the Ruggard.

---------- Post added 05-06-21 at 07:11 PM ----------

I ordered the LowePro ProTactic TLZ 70. It's on back order, I'll report back when I get it.

Thanks again everyone.
05-06-2021, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I ordered the LowePro ProTactic TLZ 70. It's on backorder, I'll report back when I get it.

Thanks again everyone.
05-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #26
Pentaxian

I wouldn't wait too long, as "on back order" could mean it winds up discontinued. One reason being, I've noticed lately, more cases are for mirrorless, and not as many for DSLR use. And those for mirrorless often not only being inadequate for DSLR use, but also not having desirable features, like front accessory compartments, or belt loops in addition to shoulder straps.

Another thing, some of those cases are (for my use) too large, which is why I have more than one, depending on the lens sizes I will by using. To accommodate any of the various versions of the DA 55-300mm lenses, though not a small size- would require only a moderate sized case, with the main consideration here being a front/back depth that will accommodate the battery grip. Not sure about your M 35-105 FF zoom lens for depth. Good luck, and it seems you are on the right track.

Last edited by mikesbike; 05-07-2021 at 08:55 PM.
05-07-2021, 08:57 PM   #27

Note: I merged the duplicate threads on this subject as Forum policy discourages multiple threads of the same topic.

J Limited was having a saddle maker company in Japan making a holster and belt. I doubt you'll be able to buy it outside of Japan though. You'll have to dig through the threads on the J Limited events to find a picture.
05-16-2021, 08:11 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I wouldn't wait too long, as "on back order" could mean it winds up discontinued. One reason being, I've noticed lately, more cases are for mirrorless, and not as many for DSLR use. And those for mirrorless often not only being inadequate for DSLR use, but also not having desirable features, like front accessory compartments, or belt loops in addition to shoulder straps.

Another thing, some of those cases are (for my use) too large, which is why I have more than one, depending on the lens sizes I will by using. To accommodate any of the various versions of the DA 55-300mm lenses, though not a small size- would require only a moderate sized case, with the main consideration here being a front/back depth that will accommodate the battery grip. Not sure about your M 35-105 FF zoom lens for depth. Good luck, and it seems you are on the right track.
You may be right, I haven't heard anything from B&H. I'll give them another week or so and then check in with them.
05-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #29
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Holster? This one is too big but there are others:

Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 30 V2.0 Camera Bag (Black) amazon.com : Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 30 V2.0 Camera Bag (Black) : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
I have this one, and the quality is second to none! Great product!
05-21-2021, 05:26 PM   #30
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a Caselogic holster that doubles as a shoulder bag for everyday use. I grab it and go out the door.

I am planning on getting a Cotton Carrier Skout. Now that I am hiking more often I want the camera in a secure but easily accessible spot. I haven't used a neck strap in a decade, I have a wrist strap for the times when the camera is out of the holster.