Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-22-2021, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I wouldn't wait too long, as "on back order" could mean it winds up discontinued. One reason being, I've noticed lately, more cases are for mirrorless, and not as many for DSLR use. And those for mirrorless often not only being inadequate for DSLR use, but also not having desirable features, like front accessory compartments, or belt loops in addition to shoulder straps.

Another thing, some of those cases are (for my use) too large, which is why I have more than one, depending on the lens sizes I will by using. To accommodate any of the various versions of the DA 55-300mm lenses, though not a small size- would require only a moderate sized case, with the main consideration here being a front/back depth that will accommodate the battery grip. Not sure about your M 35-105 FF zoom lens for depth. Good luck, and it seems you are on the right track.
Thanks. Got a notice from B&H a couple days ago that it has shipped, should be here Tuesday. I'll report back.

07-08-2021, 09:18 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Mini Review

I've had the LowePro ProTactic TLZ 70 for a little while now and have taken it out a few times. So far I'm very happy with it. It fits my KP with battery grip and 55-300 PLM very well. I haven't used the expandable bottom yet, but it will be handy for a larger lens or taking along a smaller lens with the PLM. It's well made, has a rain fly, and I've used a couple of the strap configurations while walking or riding my bike. I haven't used other holster type bags so have no direct comparisons, but am happy I shopped around and got this one, just what I was looking for. I expect I'll find that it holds up well as I put it through extensive use. Thank you all for your suggestions, observations and experiences, it was all very helpful.