Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
05-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
No problem, my answer wasn't sarcastic, really appreciate your opinion.

One thought was that a DSLR basically also offers most possibilities of a mirrorless, in LV. And for second, I stumbled upon that item without having been searching for an actual solution for a real problem.

I'm into cultural heritage documentation and often use my camera away from the eye, on tripods pointing straigt up, on poles or even kites. For most things the KP does it quite well, for the kite a GRII is the perfect tool.
However, the K-3III has some advantages and I was curious if the fixed screen (unfortunately for me this would be a drawback) could be overcome by such an HDMI EV. Even if it is an external device the whole package could still be held fairly compact. A larger monitor has it's value, but I would miss the handheldability.
Though, thanks for all your opinions.
I'll be using a wifi-only smartphone on a Tilta Tiltaing Adjustable Cold Shoe mount to the K3III. Should cover it when the need arises. Cheap too since I have relatively new but unused smartphones I can use for free.

05-05-2021, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A Hoodman loupe or similar turns your rear screen into an EVF with no electricity!

Remember, as that wise member PhotoOptimist points out, a mirrorless camera is really a DSLR stuck in Live View mode.

Last edited by clackers; 05-05-2021 at 08:42 PM.
05-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What disadvantages, beside of bulkiness and price for additional item, can be expected?
This is enough to dissuade me. I don't really see the point of it.
05-05-2021, 08:02 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

as 2clackers said. Hoodman loupe is the way to go

05-06-2021, 05:04 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
This is enough to dissuade me. I don't really see the point of it.
I have a Zakuto Z-Finder Pro purchased "used" (two actually but too long a story) that I thought might be advantageous with the K-1 and portraiture, and also perhaps for K3III video. It's just not convenient in all reality. I tried leaving it mounted but it gets in the way, and snapping the loupe itself off leaving the mount ready for a quick reinstall makes the flippy screen no longer flippy, and the mount is still an obstacle when stowing the camera. If I were really shooting video regularly or seriously perhaps I'd use it, but for what I do not really.
05-09-2021, 03:47 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
has anyone experience with such a product?
LEYE 4K HDMI ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER 2.4inch LCD MONITOR
It's sold out.