Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2021, 02:33 AM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
I always used the Capture Clip with the Pro Pad. Recently bought the Think Tank Camera Clip Adapter and like it even more.
It's hardly an inconspicuous affectation. And it's awkward to sit with.

05-18-2021, 05:39 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kwong Quote
wow so sorry to see this happen especially with a brand new camera. I was looking at a clip system but I think now I will just forget it.
I wouldn’t write or off completely had I used the lock this wouldn’t have happened but as we tend to do because I was taking it out frequently I didn’t use the lock for the few steps I was moving from spot to spot. I would’ve engaged the lock had I been moving a great distance or over even ground etc.
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
That story, and those pictures, really suck. I'm sorry for your accident.

For the record, I've been using Peak Design Capture Clips for many years now, and I advocate for them when asked questions. However, I never felt confortable wearing them sideways like you pictured. I rarely use them on a belt, but when I do I use Think Tank's Camera clip Adapter.

When wearing a sling or messenger, I have a clip at the end of the bag (both are Peak Design), but most of the time I use a backpack and the clip is on a shoulder strap. The opening is facing up at all times, I wouldn't proceed otherwise.

Again, sorry for that accident.
Unfortunately due to shoulder surgery I wasn’t able to bring my bag which is where it normally would be clipped.
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Wow! Thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience with the Peak clip. I have one, and now will not use it!
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Ouch! Sorry to read about your mishap with your new camera.

Now, I don't know if anyone else has said so, but weather-sealing is now a problem, so you'll probably want to send that in for repair.
Your household insurance should cover you for falls and spills so make the whole thing their problem.

Lastly, when using such a clip, it may not be a bad idea to also have the neck strap around your neck. (Or is it too sort to reach?)
My K1MKii was on my neck, and as I said above I normally will not be wearing in on my belt…

JJ
05-18-2021, 05:53 AM   #63
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
Unfortunately due to shoulder surgery I wasn’t able to bring my bag which is where it normally would be clipped.
Understood. If you want to give the Clip another spin, PD makes the "Pro Pad" which is supposed to improve comfort (and it of course rotates the Clip upwards). It is smaller and lighter than Think Tank's but works the same way.
05-18-2021, 06:13 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Understood. If you want to give the Clip another spin, PD makes the "Pro Pad" which is supposed to improve comfort (and it of course rotates the Clip upwards). It is smaller and lighter than Think Tank's but works the same way.
Knowing what I know now I have no issue using it with the lock and pro pad, I just hate they recommend the button to face down on the belt. Had it been facing up this wouldn’t have happened.

JJ

05-18-2021, 07:25 AM - 2 Likes   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well on a positive note went back to the scene of the crime and found my AE-L button what are the odds…

JJ
Attached Images

05-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #66
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is amazing! Good find!
05-18-2021, 09:31 AM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well on a positive note went back to the scene of the crime and found my AE-L button what are the odds…

JJ
Wow! You need to join some scavenger hunts - with that luck and search skills you could make a splash.

05-18-2021, 09:37 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Wow! You need to join some scavenger hunts - with that luck and search skills you could make a splash.
Almost 30 years of inspecting aircraft I’ve learned to spot the little things lol…

JJ
05-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter

Almost 30 years of inspecting aircraft I’ve learned to spot the little things lol…

JJ
Gosh, and I ran an FAA Certified Repair Station for nearly a decade (Airframe and powerplant). Amazing the interests and experiences that Pentaxians share.
05-19-2021, 05:21 AM   #70
Pentaxian

Knowing what I know now I have no issue using it with the lock and pro pad, I just hate they recommend the button to face down on the belt. Had it been facing up this wouldn’t have happened.
I didn't know they recommended that, and it would not have been my guess personally.

Well on a positive note went back to the scene of the crime and found my AE-L button what are the odds
That's amazing!
05-19-2021, 07:18 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Gosh, and I ran an FAA Certified Repair Station for nearly a decade (Airframe and powerplant). Amazing the interests and experiences that Pentaxians share.
Same for motorcycle groups lots of aviators there as well…

JJ