Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
06-27-2021, 08:25 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Yes, I'm thinking that's the only alternative I have.
You might try a longer bolt of the proper diameter and thread pitch.

06-27-2021, 08:25 PM   #32
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DonV Quote
A larger diameter ring is what is needed, or remove the cover under the ring area.
As another member suggested, I'm simply going to cut off a strip of the cover, the width of the ring. I will have that extra strip that will still be in a circle to use, if I need it elsewhere.
06-28-2021, 06:26 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As another member suggested, I'm simply going to cut off a strip of the cover, the width of the ring. I will have that extra strip that will still be in a circle to use, if I need it elsewhere.
The eBay link that isn’t working for you showed a Canon lens someone where someone had done basically that, then they also cut the ring and glued it to the tripod collar. The cut part could be lined up with the opening on the collar. I’m not sure would be smart to do that just pointing out another possible approach.
06-28-2021, 07:22 AM   #34
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you! I could always use the double-stick tape, rather than glue, if I decide to cover the tripod ring. That way, it's not permanent.

06-28-2021, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you! I could always use the double-stick tape, rather than glue, if I decide to cover the tripod ring. That way, it's not permanent.
Glad to help.
06-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #36
Pentaxian

That's very strange -- I wouldn't want the tripod collar going around the lens coat even if it could be fastened. That would undoubtedly lead to slop/play during tripod or gimbal use.
07-30-2021, 02:01 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are you using a custom tripod foot? I have a similar Lenscoat for my DFA150-450 and that leaves the tripod foot free. I would cut away to allow it to attach in your case. You could always use the excess cut off material to glue it onto the foot if you want it covered as well.