Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2021, 05:14 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
I was browsing around online for a Sirui, but no luck finding one. You mentioned it's been replaced - do you happen to know the new model number?
A quick B&H search suggests that this one is the aluminum version, I'm sure you can find the carbon fiber equivalent rather quickly.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1420912-REG/sirui_sut005sk_t_005sk_al...981&

07-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks for that! I looked through their site and found a bewildering number of similar tripods from Sirui. Good of you to pull that one out of the lot
07-20-2021, 02:08 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ZOMEi Q666C

There is also very well priced Carbon Fiber tripod

ZOMEi Q666C Folding Carbon Fiber Portable Tripod to Professionals Easy to Operate as a Travel Companion,Camera Tripod
07-21-2021, 05:28 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
Thanks for that! I looked through their site and found a bewildering number of similar tripods from Sirui. Good of you to pull that one out of the lot
I've been impressed enough about their filters, and honestly surprised about the quality of those, to give a go to this tripod.

Their filters do not suffer from the comparison with other brands and, in some cases, are better (lower colour cast for instance). They're now my go-to filters (I have the magnetic set, it's simply great and so convenient).

02-05-2023, 10:14 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I've had some time to experiment with the BA225 tripod from K&F concept...
Thanks for writing this up. It's very helpful as I've been looking at one of the K&F models. I was originally shopping for a monopod for use with my K-1mii and large lenses (K500f4.5 and A*600f5.6), then it occurs to me that a tripod with detachable monopod can be had for not much more. The height is what drew me to the K&F model... I'm fairly tall and appreciate not needing to stoop. I wanted to ask a couple questions... First, how has your tripod held up over the past 18 months? Would you still recommend it? Also, what do you think about its suitability for the larger lenses (3kg, 4kg with camera) I intend to use on it? Thanks in advance!
02-06-2023, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi!

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
First, how has your tripod held up over the past 18 months?
It has held up just fine. It's not my main tripod (that would be the Peak Design Travel Tripod) but my son uses the K&F frequently. No sign of degradation on it, it works the same as it did on day 1.

Would you still recommend it?
I have the same opinion about it, which is to say it's excellent for the price you pay. It's better than it should be at this price point, but it's still a moderately priced and lightweight tripod. If you have reasonable expectations, it will serve you well.

Also, what do you think about its suitability for the larger lenses (3kg, 4kg with camera) I intend to use on it?
You shouldn't have any problem. I would recommend the same precautions as with any other light tripod: use the hook to stabilize if doing long exposures with heavy lenses, don't extend the center column unless you need to, don't tilt the head too much with heavy loads to preserve balance. With that in mind, the tripod will serve you well.