Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This might be a decent option for me... I need a small and light tripod for those rare occasions where I actually use one, my existing, older aluminum model is pretty large and I'm very unlikely to remember to pack it.

07-20-2021, 05:14 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
I was browsing around online for a Sirui, but no luck finding one. You mentioned it's been replaced - do you happen to know the new model number?
A quick B&H search suggests that this one is the aluminum version, I'm sure you can find the carbon fiber equivalent rather quickly.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1420912-REG/sirui_sut005sk_t_005sk_al...981&
07-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks for that! I looked through their site and found a bewildering number of similar tripods from Sirui. Good of you to pull that one out of the lot
07-20-2021, 02:08 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ZOMEi Q666C

There is also very well priced Carbon Fiber tripod

ZOMEi Q666C Folding Carbon Fiber Portable Tripod to Professionals Easy to Operate as a Travel Companion,Camera Tripod

07-21-2021, 05:28 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
Thanks for that! I looked through their site and found a bewildering number of similar tripods from Sirui. Good of you to pull that one out of the lot
I've been impressed enough about their filters, and honestly surprised about the quality of those, to give a go to this tripod.

Their filters do not suffer from the comparison with other brands and, in some cases, are better (lower colour cast for instance). They're now my go-to filters (I have the magnetic set, it's simply great and so convenient).