Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Little pouch/bags for lens

I am looking for something to put the lens in while it is in my camera bag. Something like this 561221 Zing Medium Drawstring Pouch - Black with Black top hem (7" long/4"diameter) is anyone using anything or have any suggestions. I am looking for one for my Fa 50mm and the DA 16-45. I have a Tamarac Velocity 7 and just want to give the glass a little more protection when it is in the bag and being boumced around.

03-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
General Brand from B&H

All I use are the drawstring pouches from B&H. They are padded, durable and are easy to get into. The only problem is that they all look alike so I use the plastic bread bag tags on the draw string marked with a sharpie.
03-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I use the genera lbrand from B H too

The cost was under 9 dollars for the General brand 7" and the quality is better than I expected for the low cost. Godd idea how to tag thems since I bought 3 of them.
03-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I am looking for something to put the lens in while it is in my camera bag. Something like this 561221 Zing Medium Drawstring Pouch - Black with Black top hem (7" long/4"diameter) is anyone using anything or have any suggestions. I am looking for one for my Fa 50mm and the DA 16-45. I have a Tamarac Velocity 7 and just want to give the glass a little more protection when it is in the bag and being boumced around.
Another option is to use lens wraps. They'll fit snuggly around your lens.

If you don't want to pay for a Domke-type wrap, I suggest going to a hardware store. Buy some large 3M made electrostatic clothes and use them to wrap up the lens, holding it in place with a rubber band (you can also buy some attachable velcro pieces and put them on the tips to create a lens wrap).

They are cheaper than the Domke wraps. Best of all they are great for cleaning lenses and bodies because they are electrostatic - they'll pick up dust easily (they don't scratch glass either). When dirty, just put in washer & drip-dry. I've got about a dozen of these 3M clothes for use around the house and for wrapping up/cleaning my photo gear.

Finally, Habuka makes a really good lens/body wrap for about $10. I've got several of these as well.