Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K200d grip - D-BG3 deal (Canada)

I just put down an order for the D-BG3 grip in The Camera Store (TheCameraStore.com); they are now selling it for $50 CDN. It's Saturday today so I don't know if the order will get thru until Monday but still worth a shot.

The cheap grip together with the crazy price on ebay's prodigital2000 lately; its pretty clear vendors are clearing their inventory of the K200d. Could this be writing on the wall????

I also ordered the FA50 f1.4...I can't wait!

11-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
Forum Member

I just picked one up, thanks.

Called a friend she will be picking one up for me today. I don't know why it’s so cheap but with the way the economy is a lot of people are running scared. I hear lots of stores are keeping inventory down to a bare minimum and if they have a surplus they are trying to clear them out.
11-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #3

Thanks for the tip, I just picked up a K200 and have been considering the battery grip.....
11-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Kei Quote
I just put down an order for the D-BG3 grip in The Camera Store (TheCameraStore.com); they are now selling it for $50 CDN. It's Saturday today so I don't know if the order will get thru until Monday but still worth a shot.
Do you think it's a pricing error? I just order one too right now so hopefully it will get processed tomorrow. Don't know if I will use it everyday but at this price it will be a good investment. I was checking ebay prices and it is ranging from $75usd-$115usd. Someone on here picked it up from amazon.com for $59usd so you never know.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kei Quote
I also ordered the FA50 f1.4...I can't wait!
I got this lens a few weeks ago and love it! Right now I am debating my next lens purchase, I was at Henry's today and checking out the Pentax 12-24 and Pentax 18-250. I know they are both completely different lenses and I know down the road I will own both but the question is which one will make it in my line up first

11-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
Kei

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mwong168 Quote
Do you think it's a pricing error? I just order one too right now so hopefully it will get processed tomorrow. Don't know if I will use it everyday but at this price it will be a good investment. I was checking ebay prices and it is ranging from $75usd-$115usd. Someone on here picked it up from amazon.com for $59usd so you never know.

I got this lens a few weeks ago and love it! Right now I am debating my next lens purchase, I was at Henry's today and checking out the Pentax 12-24 and Pentax 18-250. I know they are both completely different lenses and I know down the road I will own both but the question is which one will make it in my line up first
Well if its just the grip selling at this price I would think its a price error. But the ebay price of BNIB K200d body is going for <$400USD these days, probably the vendors got wind of something and clearing out K200d and accessories.

Worst come to worst the grip can only be used on the K200d only. Something new is in the line (ie: K300d) and the accessories won't fit...who knows!

The FA50 has been on my list since the day I bought the K200d but I wasn't sure about getting it or the DA40. But heck the f1.4 and the sub $200 CDN price tag finally lured me over. I know it will come in handy in those X'mas party shots.

Can't say much about the 12-24 as I don't own one. I have the 18-250 its is great for the range and convenience. I don't shoot wide or extreme telephoto (yet) so this lens is the all-in-one solution for me.
11-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #6

did the grip cost 50 bucks?!
12-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Idanz0r Quote
did the grip cost 50 bucks?!
The Pentax D-BG3 Battery Grip for K200D cost $50 and I just got an email that they are processing my order

12-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I picked one up off Amazon a few weeks ago for dirt cheap - the shipping took forever - almost two weeks. It's really nice, it helps balance the camera more than anything. The shutter button is nice for portrait work, but with landscape work it can be a pain if you use the DOF preview (you still have to reach around). I think you'll really like it.

-Brian
12-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #9

thanks OP! Just received my grip today at work
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #10
Kei

Original Poster
got mine today as well

Got it in the mail today and wow the handling is SO MUCH BETTER after putting on the hand grip. Funny thing is even with the grip attached and 4xAA loaded I thought the whole thing will be very heavy but doesn't feel that way at all. Some how holding the camera steady seems easier.

I have yet to try putting the whole rig around my neck for extended period of time; but I figure my next purchase will be a wide comfy camera strap.

Best money spent ever (other than buying the k200d itself ).