Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #16
Veteran Member

only the top buttons do anything for our pentax cameras, that's why the P is there. You also have to go to the Fn menu and enable wireless remote...

12-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooneybird Quote
I bought the Pentax remote, the one which uses IR and can trigger the camera from either its rear or front, within a reasonable distance. It works fine, but has a very distinct disadvantage - if you don't use it within 5 minutes (as I recall) it will no longer work until you go to the camera and reset it. For taking shots while hidden in a blind or something similar, this is totally unacceptable to me.

Olin McDaniel
How did you "reset" this in the camera? I have a remote control D that worked for said five minutes, and since that one day it has never worked again. The battery is good, but it will no longer work, and I don't know if it's now the remote, or the IR receiver on the body (K100D). Any tips to get the remote to start working again would be great.
01-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #18

Sony RMT-84 Remote works K200D

I was trying my remote controls and found the Sony RMT-814 remote that came with the Sony DCR-TRV740 Digital Handcam works. The DISPLAY button and the reverse double-arrows for Search Mode, will trigger shutter on the K200D

dmessing
01-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #19

Hello,

If you like DIY lke me, just build your own. The schematics are really simple, it should take no more than 10 minutes to build it.
Take a look at my blog Shooting with a Pentax K10D and click on the "Remote Control" link in the Categories menu on the right ...

Hope this helps.

Best regards