Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I bought a military shoulder bag for $25 at a surplus store. Tons of pockets for filters, hoods and film (if it’s a film day). I used short lengths of a cardboard mailing tube for lens “slots”, and I couldn’t be happier!

09-05-2021, 06:20 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been using a Domke F6 or 20+ years and it's held up well. It has 4 padded sections that I keep in the middle leaving room on each end for an extra body and hood, etc. I can fit 4-6 lenses in it. Plus is has 2 zippered pockets, one on the lid and the other in front, plus an open pouch in back. They're a bit expensive these days...in the $120 range, but they are built to last. I don't remember what I paid for it...maybe $50 back in the 90s.

Last edited by tonyzoc; 09-05-2021 at 06:28 PM.
09-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by jawats Quote
Bag Suggestions - Shoulder, Large
I can recommend this one, more than your budget... but buy right once often works out cheaper in the long run.

Billingham 445 Camera Bag reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 09-09-2021 at 02:47 PM.
09-08-2021, 02:46 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I always prefer a backpack to a shoulder bag, for reasons of weight distribution (I have spine and mobility 'issues') and ease of carrying. I do have an anonymous shoulder bag (what older readers may recall as a 'gadget bag' !), hung from right shoulder, which takes K3 and a few lenses, plus filters, batteries, spare cards etc, but I find it has a tendency to swing round at inopportune moments, getting in the way and throwing me off balance.

Also, with a backpack I can use my monopod as a walking stick when needed !

09-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Domke F2 is the most often recommended large pro shoulder bag.
I prefer the Domke F6; it's like a smaller F2 without end pockets - which I never use.

Chris
09-11-2021, 04:12 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Another range is the Tenba messenger series -I had one for several years and then sold it as it was too big. Good when I was working as a stringer for the local newspaper and doing weddings and stuff - all that has gone now so I downsized to carry my new outing habits.

They come in a range of sizes - I had the 15 which has a built in laptop/tablet sleeve.