Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2021, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod

I bought this table top tripod on a wim & after I ordered it I decided I'd send it back before I even received it. It lay on my table for a week or so before I opened it.

I opened it. I tell ya what. I am impressed by the build quality of this $23 mini tripod - simply because of that alone I decided I had to keep it. For what it is, it's a solid little device and I've already found it quite handy. And at about 5 inches tall, it fits easily in my small camera backpack.

On the back porch the other night, when the moon just popped out, I set it up in seconds and captured this photo with the Pentax 55-300mm AF ED lens:

Tripod: https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-PIXI-Tripod-Black-MTPIXI-B/dp/B00D76RNLS/re...58&sr=8-3&th=1

Manfrotto Pixi Specs
Load Capacity2.2 lb / 1 kgMinimum Working Height5.3" / 13.5 cmDimensionsH: 7.3" / H: 18.6 cm (Folded)MaterialsPlastic, Stainless SteelWeight6.7 oz / 190.5 g

Last edited by Michael Piziak; 08-03-2021 at 06:14 PM.
08-03-2021, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well you both did a nice job there. Well done!
08-03-2021, 06:37 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote

I bought this table top tripod on a wim & after I ordered it I decided I'd send it back before I even received it. It lay on my table for a week or so before I opened it.

I opened it. I tell ya what. I am impressed by the build quality of this $23 mini tripod - simply because of that alone I decided I had to keep it. For what it is, it's a solid little device and I've already found it quite handy. And at about 5 inches tall, it fits easily in my small camera backpack.

On the back porch the other night, when the moon just popped out, I set it up in seconds and captured this photo with the Pentax 55-300mm AF ED lens:

Tripod: amazon.com: Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod, Black (MTPIXI-B): Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

Manfrotto Pixi Specs
Load Capacity2.2 lb / 1 kgMinimum Working Height5.3" / 13.5 cmDimensionsH: 7.3" / H: 18.6 cm (Folded)MaterialsPlastic, Stainless SteelWeight6.7 oz / 190.5 g
They are pretty handy. I have 3 of them. I often keep one with me if I’m vested or at least in the car when I’m toting the GRIii. And I keep a couple as mini-light stands with my Lume Cube light cubes or panels when doing table top photography. The truth is I occasionally misplace one and find it shortly after I replace it.
08-03-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. Ed Quote
Well you both did a nice job there. Well done!
Thanks Mr. Ed,

I have to admit, I really hate tripods because of the awkward and cumbersome way one goes about setting the darn things up - I find them to be even too time consuming. But you can have this little device on the camera in virtually no time at all. Also, it doesn't have the cheap plastic feel that it may look like - I even had to google the specs to see if it was really made out of plastic - I thought it may have been made out of some new tech material like carbonite or something (whatever carbonite is, that is - lol)

They make another one like it, about 2 inches taller with a 5.5 lb load capacity - called the Manfrotto PIXI EVO Mini Tripod

---------- Post added 08-03-21 at 06:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
They are pretty handy. I have 3 of them. I often keep one with me if Iím vested or at least in the car when Iím toting the GRIii. And I keep a couple as mini-light stands with my Lume Cube light cubes or panels when doing table top photography. The truth is I occasionally misplace one and find it shortly after I replace it.
Cool. At about twice the price is the Manfrotto PIXI EVO Mini Tripod

08-04-2021, 07:21 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
Thanks Mr. Ed,

I have to admit, I really hate tripods because of the awkward and cumbersome way one goes about setting the darn things up - I find them to be even too time consuming. But you can have this little device on the camera in virtually no time at all. Also, it doesn't have the cheap plastic feel that it may look like - I even had to google the specs to see if it was really made out of plastic - I thought it may have been made out of some new tech material like carbonite or something (whatever carbonite is, that is - lol)

They make another one like it, about 2 inches taller with a 5.5 lb load capacity - called the Manfrotto PIXI EVO Mini Tripod

---------- Post added 08-03-21 at 06:43 PM ----------

Cool. At about twice the price is the Manfrotto PIXI EVO Mini Tripod

Now you went and done it!

NoÖ I went and done it. I ordered the Pixi Evo. Gotta spend Amazon reward points on something.
08-04-2021, 10:21 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They are pretty handy. I have 3 of them. I often keep one with me if Iím vested or at least in the car when Iím toting the GRIii. And I keep a couple as mini-light stands with my Lume Cube light cubes or panels when doing table top photography. The truth is I occasionally misplace one and find it shortly after I replace it.
I've started carrying a couple of them for supporting small lights at a shoot (depending on poses maybe a hair-light or backlight or lighting a background) and take up no room in the lighting bag
08-04-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Now you went and done it!

No… I went and done it. I ordered the Pixi Evo. Gotta spend Amazon reward points on something.
Sorry about making you spend your money - !!!$

I would be very interested in knowing what you think of the Evo version - please post or private message me when you get your hands on it please - !

Regards,

Michael

Last edited by Michael Piziak; 08-04-2021 at 05:56 PM.