Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
Banned

Retinatax

I was wondering if anyone has come across any adapters or any information on mounting Kodak Retina lenses on a K mount body. maybe a Deckel (DKL) mount to m42 adapter that I could then use an m42 to K adapter. I would really like to use one of those Schneider-Kreuznach, Rodenstock or Voigtlander lenses. im not really concerned with infinity focus. I would just like to know any information or links or anything anyone might have. is it even possible? if it is im ready to cough up some cash to try it out. (as long as the price isn't outrageous.)

Last edited by séamuis; 11-30-2008 at 03:51 PM.
11-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hrm. I'm not familiar with the mounts of those lenses, but I'm pretty sure I ran across a Leica thread mount to PK adapter. Maybe there's an adapter for those lenses of yours to go to M39? (For alll I know, maybe they *are* that size:it was fairly common for some to use folding camera lenses to make enlargements: there might be a retaining ring that'd help fit them to a lensboard. ) But, here's a lot of darkroom bits in that size, for enlarging lenses and all. I'm not sure how that'd all fit up, but maybe there's an option in there.

Oh, here's a wacky idea... What if you stuck one of those on a Lensbaby, by hook or crook?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 11-30-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Oh, here's a wacky idea... What if you stuck one of those on a Lensbaby somehow? :)
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
well the Deckel mount was apparently used by a few different cameras including the Voigtlander Bessamatic, and if im not mistaken designed by the same manufacturer as Compur shutters. so I would think that there would be such an adapter at least for m42 mount. I have seen one for canon EOS but it was hugely expensive.

you have a lens baby for me to try that with?
11-30-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hrm. Actually, it raises the question, how would you focus at all, without the bellows and works (hence the thought about Lensbabies) or does the adapter you've seen incorporate some substitute?

11-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
the lenses for the Kodak Retina, Retina reflex and Bessamatic had no bellows. the Retina (non folding) was a rangefinder, and the Retina reflex and Bessamatic were SLRs.
11-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
the lenses for the Kodak Retina, Retina reflex and Bessamatic had no bellows. the Retina (non folding) was a rangefinder, and the Retina reflex and Bessamatic were SLRs.
Ah, ok, so they have their own focusing mechanisms. Can't quite picture those. I bet, at least, with a bit of machining, you could probably attach a mounting flange to whatever old PK adapter seems handy... Is there a retaining ring in there, (if so, any idea what size?) originally, or are they otherwise attached?

Nope, no Lensbaby, though. But, one can always improvise, that's where they came from.
12-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hey, I found one, pretty randomly! I'll... PM, I guess.