Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2021, 02:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Only camera backpack?

So why backpack manufacturers think we also 100% certain wish to have a laptop compartment, does anybody have an idea?

09-19-2021, 03:33 AM   #2
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
you can use it for Laptop or a waterbag
09-19-2021, 03:47 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to decide what exactly the back pack is for, getting from A to B, or hiking once you get to B. Many people travel with a laptop and edit the photos as they go on a trip. But when hiking it is a pain, because it outs the rest of your gear about 2 inches further away from your back
09-19-2021, 04:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine doesn’t have a laptop compartment. Am I missing out? Don’t think so, don’t have a laptop anyway.

09-19-2021, 05:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
So why backpack manufacturers think we also 100% certain wish to have a laptop compartment, does anybody have an idea?
Maybe they think that all those photographers want to process their pictures on the spot to send to friends and family, or, in the case of reporters, to their employer?
09-19-2021, 06:29 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Plenty without that feature. Some have a very thin sleeve for a tablet some have nothing at all. I think there are people that need the tracker or laptop as part of their workflow on site.
09-19-2021, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

qwertyuiop[]\
]';lkjhgfdsazZXcvbnm,./zza

09-19-2021, 07:15 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
qwertyuiop[]\
???????????
09-19-2021, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #9
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Maybe they think that all those photographers want to process their pictures on the spot to send to friends and family, or, in the case of reporters, to their employer?

Interestingly, I started to think all about this right after I got DFA* 70-200 battleship lens. Honestly, I was thinking the same, that it's nice to have additional space for laptop but in reality, you also carry a lot of things related to laptop, not only the laptop itself but just huge amount of other accessories. My P53 power brick alone is almost as big as the laptop, so I'm travelling with additional bag for laptop. Of course there are thinner ones but anyway Going back to its purpose, I don't know anybody who is post processing his images in the field, say in mountains somewhere, maybe in a hotel where you carry all of your bags anyway.

---------- Post added 09-19-21 at 07:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
Mine doesn’t have a laptop compartment. Am I missing out? Don’t think so, don’t have a laptop anyway.
Is it a slingbag or backpack?

---------- Post added 09-19-21 at 07:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Plenty without that feature. Some have a very thin sleeve for a tablet some have nothing at all. I think there are people that need the tracker or laptop as part of their workflow on site.
I remember how I spent days, weeks searching for good backpack and end up with something that is just collecting dust in my room.
09-19-2021, 08:33 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Bag in Bag

Interestingly, I started to think all about this right after I got DFA* 70-200 battleship lens. Honestly, I was thinking the same, that it's nice to have additional space for laptop but in reality, you also carry a lot of things related to laptop, not only the laptop itself but just huge amount of other accessories. My P53 power brick alone is almost as big as the laptop, so I'm travelling with additional bag for laptop. Of course there are thinner ones but anyway Going back to its purpose, I don't know anybody who is post processing his images in the field, say in mountains somewhere, maybe in a hotel where you carry all of your bags anyway.
I have laptop bag and there is a compartment for a tablet!!!! Last week I bought a Samsung camera bag for my Samsung NX's and it was stated that there was no room for a laptop or tablet inside!
09-19-2021, 10:18 AM   #11
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have laptop bag and there is a compartment for a tablet!!!!
and a little pocket for a cell phone inside of it, right?

Last week I bought a Samsung camera bag for my Samsung NX's and it was stated that there was no room for a laptop or tablet inside!
For me this sounds like a
feature in advertisement
09-19-2021, 11:02 AM   #12
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
qwertyuiop[]\
ditto ...
09-19-2021, 11:40 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it a slingbag or backpack?
It's a small Manfrotto backpack.

Your Tripods, and how you use them - PentaxForums.com
09-19-2021, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

I can see good reasons for putting your gear in a backpack. It is better for your back and you can walk miles with it. It must be great for traveling. The thing is, I am too used of having my lenses right next to my hip. Nothing like it for a quick change. I just can't see myself taking off a backpack to get a lens out. For now I will stick to my old school shoulder bag. As for my laptop - it remains at home when I am out taking picutures, thank you very much.
09-19-2021, 12:09 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It all depends on my plans for the day, and where I am going as well.
I use anything from a wrist strap, chest harness, holster, to a sling bag, backpack, or full size military surplus rucksack with a padded camera insert.
My iPad is likely to be my portable processing and upload solution, since I need fewer peripheral device to use and charge it.