Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2022, 10:57 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
Have you an image demonstrating your carry method?

Ignore the colors.... Her phone set to enhance.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 6 Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 6 Pro  Photo 
04-03-2022, 02:51 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Ignore the colors.... Her phone set to enhance.
Thanks, something like that may work with a new gimbal I'm going to try.

04-09-2022, 02:55 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Personally, a simple Tilt head is the best option on a Monopod, keeps the weight centred ontop of the monopod pole, not off to one side, much easier to use, I actually use a small fluid head (Gitzo GHF2W) on my monopod with long lenses, such as the FA*600/f4 and Sigma 500/f4.5, as well as the DFA150-450. There are plenty of options for cheaper tiltheads for monopod on B&H to compare .

I also, would personally not recommend using the DFA 150-450 on a sidemount , it's a lot of strain on the lens foot and the attachment to the lens itself. It is designed to take the weight and stresses on a horizontal mount, forces going down, using it sidemounted is putting to much strain on the dovetail that attaches the lens foot to the lens itself, and could result in metal fatigue and failure of the dovetail.
QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
Folks overlook the Induro tilt head but it's an amazing piece of equipment. It comes in several configurations -- load ratings and tilt or tilt and pan. They are also less expensive than all the above.
So I took the advice from both of you and ordered two tilt heads. One Really Right Stuff MH1 and that Induro TH-2, apparently discontinued BTW.

I'll get into details later and make a longer post, but first things first: I'll be sticking with the Wimberley most of the time as neither of these work better for me. Between the two the Induro is better suited, the RSS is just too loosy-goosey for me with a heavy lens. The Induro on the other hand is nicely damped, no abrupt drops or back-tilts.

I'll be selling the MH-1, which is a fine tilthead I'm sure but not to my liking. The Induro I may keep for my other monopod, a Manfrotto 290. It's not bad at all, just not as nice to use as my Wimberley.
06-04-2022, 11:48 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
any forum members here using the Flexshooter heads?
The Uniqball is similar and produced even in EU:
https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4629268_-ubh-45-uniqball.html

03-13-2023, 09:03 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
The Uniqball is similar and produced even in EU
500 euro, ouch!