Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2022, 08:32 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
One question here, I am in no way an old pro in photography, would a TT600 work fine with a Godox XProP TTL? I would just have not to use the TTL functionality. Oh! and is it possible to use lithium-ion rechargeable batterie instead of non rechargeables ones for the flash itself?

Update, I just googled it and I woukd have to use NiMH ones, it seems.

New update, they say on Vistek website that XProP trigger can indeed be used with the TT600. I am really considering this possibility, now. :-)

Last edited by Webstormer; 04-11-2022 at 02:11 AM.
04-11-2022, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hehe! just ordered both items and I think at just a little more than 200 CDN I made the right choice since there is after a second check not so many bad reviews about the Godox TT600. Thanks for your participation, folks. :-)
04-11-2022, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, the TT600 has the Godox wireless X-system built in. The Godox wireless X-system can communicate with the Godox XPro-P transmitter. So you would have control over the TT600 while it is off camera, while you are using the XPro-P transmitter in the flash shoe (on top) of your camera. I have the XPro-P transmitter and 5 Godox lights that I use with it. They all can be controlled by the XPro-P due to the fact that they have the wireless X-system built into their bodies.

You can also use the TT600 to act as a master for other Godox flash units when it is on your camera. I do not have one but that is in its specs, and I use my Godox V1 flash units that way with my other Godox lights.

It sounds like you made a purchase that will provide you with what you needed. Now if you decide to get more Godox lights in the future, they will be compatible with what you have.
Congratulations and good choice.

Last edited by C_Jones; 04-12-2022 at 02:26 PM.
04-11-2022, 04:48 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Exactly, I had no real need for TTL since I'll be using my flash off camera, lithium battery makes a unit very expensive, I don't need the modeling light so why pay for flagship ( Godox V860III )? :-)

04-12-2022, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have used the Yongnuo 585EX for Pentax for several years. It works great for me. I notice that Amazon has it for $90. B&H sells it for $85 It works on my K3 and my K70. It worked on my K5. It does sync with the cameras, but I prefer to use the manual settings. I really don't use an external flash very often. I use it for some portrait and still life photography depending on my lighting needs. I carry it when traveling and it does come in handy.
04-12-2022, 10:30 AM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes, those flashes are convenient when it comes to portrait, reason which I wanted one.
04-12-2022, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

I shoot real estate photography using the K-70 + a Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 zoom lens. For fill-in and bounce shots I use the Metz 52 AF-1 and thoroughly recommend it. It has a built-in zoom, and using the built-in extra-wide reflector it covers the entire area of the shot without any vignetting whatsoever even when using the Sigma at 10mm. It has a touch screen with a readout that swivels when turning the camera through 90 degrees. It also has slave mode plus many other options. It may be out of production but is still available on Amazon brand new. I also have the Metz 44 AF-2, and although still good, is less powerful than the 52 AF-1.

04-12-2022, 12:35 PM   #23
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobSpain Quote
I shoot real estate photography using the K-70 + a Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 zoom lens. For fill-in and bounce shots I use the Metz 52 AF-1 and thoroughly recommend it. It has a built-in zoom, and using the built-in extra-wide reflector it covers the entire area of the shot without any vignetting whatsoever even when using the Sigma at 10mm. It has a touch screen with a readout that swivels when turning the camera through 90 degrees. It also has slave mode plus many other options. It may be out of production but is still available on Amazon brand new. I also have the Metz 44 AF-2, and although still good, is less powerful than the 52 AF-1.
Your choice seems good to me too. :-)
04-12-2022, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Webstormer Quote
Exactly, I had no real need for TTL since I'll be using my flash off camera, lithium battery makes a unit very expensive, I don't need the modeling light so why pay for flagship ( Godox V860III )? :-)
Sounds good. Shooting in manual will give you full control of your light. Like I said, then if you want to get any other Godox lights or transmitters in the future, they will work with your TT600.
04-13-2022, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you've had a look at Godox already, you probably know why these are good choices (bang for your buck, good quality, easy to scale the system if needed, features-rich).

Depending on the exact features you want, you could look at their TT350, their TT685, or save a bit more and do get the V860iii. It's a fantastic flash.
04-14-2022, 11:01 AM   #26
Forum Member

Original Poster
I just received my TT600 and my XProP and everything seems just fine with both, except that the wide-angle diffuser on the flash is a bit hard to pull out - I had to use an eyebrow tweezer to do it safely because I was a little scared to break it - but this is no big deal. Now, there is one last thing that I would like to know about those flashes: can I leave the batteries in when stored in the carry bag? No risk?
04-14-2022, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

I just received my TT600 and my XProP and everything seems just fine with both, except that the wide-angle diffuser on the flash is a bit hard to pull out - I had to use an eyebrow tweezer to do it safely because I was a little scared to break it - but this is no big deal. Now, there is one last thing that I would like to know about those flashes: can I leave the batteries in when stored in the carry bag? No risk?
I used to take them out, just to make sure they did not get bad in the flash (excrete acid or something else causing corrosion). I suppose for a short time it would be alright when using new batteries, but for a prolonged period the batteries may do something not wanted. Taken out they may also retain power easier.

Sounds nice that your new equipment is operating alright. Congratulations.
04-14-2022, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #28
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I think I'm gonna take this safer habit too. And thanks for your congrats! I really like this stuff even if the focus assist beam is always flashing in slave mode, which after verification appears to be normal behaviour. :-)
04-15-2022, 02:55 AM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I think I'm gonna take this safer habit too. And thanks for your congrats! I really like this stuff even if the focus assist beam is always flashing in slave mode, which after verification appears to be normal behaviour. :-)
I find it unpractical and would forget to put them back in ... So I just use a piece of thin cardboard under the contacts in the door to avoid discharging the NiMHs (Eneloop pro) over time. Leakage across all kind of electronics with those cells only ever occurred to me when there was a corrosive environment (moisture) or in an unbalanced pack without voltage cut-off, ultimately leading to reverse polarity in deep discharge situations. Neither would occur, with the insulation, in a flash. Avoiding deep discharge of multiple cells in series is always a good idea to avoid premature damage of the weakest cell.
04-15-2022, 09:10 AM   #30
Forum Member

Original Poster
Another quite defendable how to.