Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2022, 05:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jawats Quote
Peak Design, Vanguard Alta Sky, Mindshift, Thinktank, Clik Elite, Nomatic, Atlas, Shimoda
All good choices. Clik Elite are out of business, sadly. Think Tank and Mindshift Gear are two product lines in the same company.

QuoteOriginally posted by jawats Quote
I think I am leaning towards the Peak Design Everyday 20L or 30L
A longer-term review/article about that bag if you're interested.

https://www.lightandmatter.org/2020/equipment-reviews/photography-equipment-...-backpack-30l/

06-08-2022, 08:26 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abraswell Quote
I have the ProTactic 450 AW II. It does come with a water bottle pouch, but it's not great. I don't like it, I use it to toss lens caps into and just use bottles with carabiners. They do make a different one, which looks like a much better design, but it's an extra $30.

It has plenty of room. Right now mine is setup to carry two bodies (w/ grips), three Pentax lenses, two teleconverters and two Sony lenses and one of them is a 200-600, which is even larger than the 150-450. I could still squeeze in another smaller DA lens, like a 55/1.4, if I needed to.
That's one of the ones I looked at, but Lowepro does not seem to come up much in the recommendations aforementioned. With the 350, I've liked it, but configuring the interior was a pain. That might be true of any of these bags, however.

---------- Post added 06-08-22 at 08:27 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
All good choices. Clik Elite are out of business, sadly. Think Tank and Mindshift Gear are two product lines in the same company.

A longer-term review/article about that bag if you're interested.

https://www.lightandmatter.org/2020/equipment-reviews/photography-equipment-...-backpack-30l/
Mr. Dery,

Thank you! And I see you're the reviewer - fantastic!
06-08-2022, 08:59 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Check out the Chrome Industries Niko pack. Chrome stuff is very well made, I have several of their packs and a couple of camera straps.
06-14-2022, 11:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

jawats if your budget is ~$400 you might want to check out the company Kinises. They make excellent modular systems. Their Journeyman P450 backpack might be what you are looking for. It is designed to travel meeting airline carry on standards. They have enough modular stuff to cover all your needs i.e. laptop, hydration etc. It can function both as a photo pack and a normal backcountry pack.