Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Memory cards?

What the best memory card for a dslr 10 megs?

12-17-2008, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Are you serious with these "what are the best xxx" questions? If there was a "best", there wouldn't be any others.

But, I have used Sandisk, Lexar, Transcend and Kingston without a problem. How often you want to swap cards will determine what size to get. I would say 4 MB and up is convenient, though with one big card you risk losing all your shots should a catastrophe strike. Nonetheless, I've started using a 16 GB card.
12-18-2008, 04:53 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
For me, SanDisk Extreme III cards have never failed me and they're fast too.
12-18-2008, 05:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I believe the best option are fast cards made of SLC memory. They can handle 10x more read/write cycles what makes them more reliable and are the military and industry standard. I know Transcend makes them with capacities up to 8GB and they cost 3-4x the price of equivalent MLC cards.

12-18-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Any good reputable brand high performace card is good, but be aware that there are literally thousands of "fake" cards out there. Normaly, the fake cards are the ones you find from some obscure online seller (ebay?) and even local not specialized stores. Avoid "club stores" like sam's or Price Smart. Also avoid places like walmart or kmart. Better get your memory cards from a well know speciality store (camera store preferably) that backs up their merchandize.
04-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Are you serious with these "what are the best xxx" questions? If there was a "best", there wouldn't be any others.

But, I have used Sandisk, Lexar, Transcend and Kingston without a problem. How often you want to swap cards will determine what size to get. I would say 4 MB and up is convenient, though with one big card you risk losing all your shots should a catastrophe strike. Nonetheless, I've started using a 16 GB card.
Thanks.