Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
LCD Screen Protector

First post. I did a search but was unable to locate any info on this. I have a K10D and wish to protect the LCD Screen. I have been looking at the Giottos AEGIS Glass Optic Screen Protector as an option. It appears to be of good quality and a good alternative to the peal and stick stuff. Anyone have experience with these??
Thanks

03-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
roy
Inactive Account

i use a PDA screen protector. well not exactly but it's the same. it came off my cell phone and cut to size.
03-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That looks like a similar concept to this on eekbay. A friend of mine ordered the DL version I'll let you know what I think when he gets it. I don't know if it's glass (like the Giottos one) or plastic. Personally, I'm kind of burned out on the "peel & stick" solutions because the majority of them obscure the LCD.

EDIT: Never mind, the auction description notes that it is polycarbonate. Looking at B&H, it seems like there are no dedicated versions for any of the Pentax DSLRs. One of the universals might fit though...

Last edited by HawaiianOnline; 03-16-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Did not want to double post...
03-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by squarerigger Quote
First post. I did a search but was unable to locate any info on this. I have a K10D and wish to protect the LCD Screen. I have been looking at the Giottos AEGIS Glass Optic Screen Protector as an option. It appears to be of good quality and a good alternative to the peal and stick stuff. Anyone have experience with these??
Thanks
On the surface, it sounds good.
But on second thought, is protecting the LCD with a more brittle and fragile thin sheet of glass with its multi-coated surface a good idea? Don't we want something which can withstand tough and rough handling? ACMAXX's polycarbonate seems to make more sense. But haven't seen either one though.

03-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
Pentaxian

The Delkin LCD pop-up shade protector comes in various sizes. It has a pop-up 3-sided plastic shade that can be removed if desired, leaving only the glass protector in place. With the very shiney K100D LCD, the "shade" part still is not effective, though.
03-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I have this

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The Delkin LCD pop-up shade protector comes in various sizes. It has a pop-up 3-sided plastic shade that can be removed if desired, leaving only the glass protector in place. With the very shiney K100D LCD, the "shade" part still is not effective, though.
And love it. I usualy leave the hood off. I think its good, not a great as the old hoodman ones for the 1.8" LCD's but thats because its a thinner plastic. (I have actualy broken a old hoodman, always wanted a good chunk of plastic ever since to protect my rear LCD.
The Delkin sticks on and so far has held up well. I have one on my DS never used this camera that much.
03-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered one from B&H. I will try it out nad let you know how it functions after using it for awhile.
03-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Just received the LCD protector and after examining the product decided it would be worth a try. I installed it on the K10D LCD and it fit very well. The protector is made from optical grade glass and I can not tell it is even on the screen. No distortion and appears to give excellent protection. Very easy to install. Happy with the produce. More expensive than other options but when I consider the cost of the camera - well I feel it is worth every penny spent. Would I buy again? YES. Ordered from B&H.

03-26-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

What Delkin screen protector would be best for the K100D?

Sorry for stealing your thread, it's been something nagging me for a while. :ugh:
03-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Roberts Quote
What Delkin screen protector would be best for the K100D?

Sorry for stealing your thread, it's been something nagging me for a while. :ugh:

For the 2.5" LCD, you get...the 2.5" shade :-) I finally lost the whole pop-up part this weekend (one side flap had broken off some weeks ago) in Joshua Tree :-(