Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Holy thread from the living dead, I remember when damn Brit used to post here.

12-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #62
Forum Member

Dolica Carbon Fiber Tripod ZX600103

i know this tripod had so many hits on this forum already but just wanted to pitch in my review about it. but for some members who are looking to get a carbon fiber at a great price, you need not look elsewhere.

fortunately i was able to grabbed a Dolica ZX600103 Carbon Fiber at Costco at the last minute of the sale. i ended up paying a little over $80. you can't beat this price for a NICE carbon fiber tripod. i have been using it for the past 3 weeks or so and there's nothing else i can say except that it's an AWESOME tripod. build quality is top notch, swivel pan is smooth, head lock up tightly, lightweight, carbon fiber and best of all outstanding price. highly recommended. in fact i bought myself another dolica tripod for travel. a Dolica TX570 - the smallest/shortest professional tripod in the market. like my Dolica CF tripod, build quality is topnotch. looking forward to Dolica ST-1100 (a monopod) which currently is out of stock everywhere. hopefully Dolica will have some in stock by January.

Again, this CF tripod is highly recommended.

thanks a lot and pardon me if this is a replicate post.
12-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #63
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
Holy thread from the living dead, I remember when damn Brit used to post here.
Yeah...the good old days...

Steve
02-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Geez, after seeing some of the deals on here, i'm not sure i should mention my latest purchase, oh well

As others have noted, Costco occasionally has good deals on lightweight tripod, and i found a Manfrotto Befree one that couldn't turn down for $119. Not every one does, but i prefer the lever clamps to the hand tightened ferrule design.

48" height, 3 lbs weight, will support 8 lbs. Comes with a replaceable tripod head that has one tightening knob for panning/camera tilt both. Not an arca head. The best news about it is its got adjustable lever locks that are adjustable with a star wrench, included.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have a large heavy tripod i carry in the car, but where i'm going to walk further, this seems like a much better deal.

01-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #65

Hmm. This is not a good deal imo: Gitzo are selling their 100 year anniversary edition tripod now. Only 1,917 will be sold and it's practically identical to the Traveller Series 1. For about 800 recommended retail you can have the Traveller with Gitzo ball head, so the anniversary special is a mere 1249 including ball head. Yikes!
03-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yesterday I received Cullmann Nanomax 400T. A small tripod which I plan to use either for macro photography or (as it's small and lightweight) when travelling. Anyway I expect lot of fun for the invested 40 EUR.