Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2023, 12:18 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cases

Finally found a big case with easy access. It holds my k3iii w/150-450 attached and k1 with a shorter lens with room to spare. I'm always driving about on service calls and carry my gear with me. Couldn't find a bag that fit, especially with the 150-450 attached or tall enough with grips. The case is a bulky and definitely not for everyone, but it fits in my truck, especially on the back seat where I can reach. Just fits the 150-450 with the hood attached. Longer or various length dividers would have been more accommodating, but I made it work. Flip the lid open and whala.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-N960U  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-N960U  Photo 

Last edited by Ski Jumper; 05-08-2023 at 11:04 PM.
05-08-2023, 12:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That's fantastic. I like that it should pretty well stay put on the seat. I used to drive around the back roads a lot with two cameras and that would work very nicely, better than sitting on the passenger seat of in a bag that could tip over if you have to stop quickly. It is good that there are so many type of camera bags because everyone doesn't need that same things. There is nothing wrong for different bags for different purposes. I have a bag I use most of the time, but a few others for some occasions.
05-08-2023, 06:43 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

looks good,
Brand and model,
please?
05-08-2023, 08:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
looks good,
Brand and model,
please?
Vanguard S53 veo divider bag. They also make one for less money, the 53 divider bag. Different pads, no strap. Almost half the price. I got lucky and Amazon warehouse had this one discounted a lot. The 53 may have been better though. These dividers are thin, stiff and not really flexible like standard dividers. A few different sizes are available for both models.

05-09-2023, 11:15 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Looks nice!

In that size, there's also the Peak Design camera cube large (and possibly the Wandrd but I'm not sure they have a cube that's big enough).
05-09-2023, 11:28 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey thanks! I end up with mine on the truck floor in the back seat and always worry about a hard turn or quick stop. Ordered! Found one at B&H used, like new.
05-09-2023, 11:39 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Looks nice!

In that size, there's also the Peak Design camera cube large (and possibly the Wandrd but I'm not sure they have a cube that's big enough).
I guess I could have read a post or two ahead and seen your suggestion BDery. The long dividers on the Peak Design look more convenient, but oh well. Free shipping and a lower price for the one ordered from B&H is at least something to take solace in, right?

Last edited by gatorguy; 05-10-2023 at 12:46 PM.
05-09-2023, 01:27 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I guess I could have read a post or two ahead and seen suggestion this BDery. The long dividers on the Peak Design look more convenient, but oh well. Free shipping and a lower price for the one ordered from B&H is at least something to take solace in, right?
Long dividers so you can have the equipment lengthwise is what the vangaurd needs. I could of got the smaller version if they made it that way.
05-10-2023, 06:57 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I guess I could have read a post or two ahead and seen suggestion this BDery. The long dividers on the Peak Design look more convenient, but oh well. Free shipping and a lower price for the one ordered from B&H is at least something to take solace in, right?
Right Peak Design are also sold at B&H, and I think they offer free shipping in the US, but buyer's remorse shouldn't come into play here, I was just adding some extra info.
05-10-2023, 08:16 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Right Peak Design are also sold at B&H, and I think they offer free shipping in the US, but buyer's remorse shouldn't come into play here, I was just adding some extra info.
They do, and I took advantage of it, plus used PayBoo and had the sales tax credited back. Just not the Peak Design. I only saved $15 on the used Vanguard compared to a new large Camera Cube. I was just a tad hasty and didn't notice, but those like new used products there tend to disappear fast.
05-10-2023, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
They do, and I took advantage of it, plus used PayBoo and had the sales tax credited back. Just not the Peak Design. I only saved $15 on the used Vanguard compared to a new large Camera Cube. I was just a tad hasty and didn't notice, but those like new used products there tend to disappear fast.
I was just in time on Amazon. Got the S53 for 120. Must of been a return. 😉
05-11-2023, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

So I rec'd that used case from B&H today. Yes, it was in pretty good condition... Then I opened it up.

Besides a full set of dividers already in place, there were another three bundled that looked new, four Canon batteries (LP-06), one Canon charger, a heavyweight Domke shoulder strap, an Optech Rain Guard, and some paperwork and instructions for a Canon (Sigma) 150-600 lens. Did no one ever open the case?

EDIT: And a certificate for Silkypix Developer Studio. Crazy!

Last edited by gatorguy; 05-11-2023 at 05:55 PM.
05-11-2023, 05:17 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So I rec'd that used case from B&H today. Yes, it was in pretty good condition... Then I opened it up.

Besides a full set of dividers already in place, there were another three bundled that looked new, four Canon batteries (LP-06), one Canon charger, a heavyweight Domke shoulder strap, an Optech Rain Guard, and some paperwork and instructions for a Canon 200-600 lens. Did no one ever open the case?

That's crazy.
05-12-2023, 05:33 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Besides a full set of dividers already in place, there were another three bundled that looked new, four Canon batteries (LP-06), one Canon charger, a heavyweight Domke shoulder strap, an Optech Rain Guard, and some paperwork and instructions for a Canon (Sigma) 150-600 lens. Did no one ever open the case?

You can probably recoup some of your purchase price by reselling that stuff.