Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2023, 01:14 PM - 10 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Peak Design Customer Service

Hi all,

I thought I'd give a shout-out to Peak Design for excellent customer support.

My wife bought me a 30 liter Everyday Backpack in 2017. I've used it extensively and traveled quite a bit with it. A few months ago one of the side zippers failed. I went to PD's web-site and saw that they had a lifetime guarantee so I got in touch with them. Long story short, they sent me a spanking new replacement backpack, which I'm happily using today. My original was purchased in the U.S. but they sent the replacement to Ireland, where I live at the moment.

Happy shooting!

05-16-2023, 01:47 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great information and well done to Peak Design for excellent customer support. Good to know.
05-16-2023, 06:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last year I bought a strap direct from PD, and there was a problem with my 10% off coupon. When I contacted Customer Service, the rep - Louis - not only resolved the issue, but gave me an additional 5% off.
05-16-2023, 07:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks for the info @nosliwmit. It's always good to support companies/products that offer superior customer support.

05-17-2023, 02:34 AM   #5
pid
Pentaxian

I can verify this. PeakDesign and Thinktank, both have lifetime warranty and offer fast service! I can recommend both of them.
05-17-2023, 04:59 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was in SF Bay area in March, I really wanted to go to Peak Design store and have them sell me/teach me to use the capture clips, but between the atmospheric river rain, the limited/no street parking and the very sad report (by my friend who parks near there) that the neighborhood is a bit sketchy and leaving my camera gear/stuff in my car at the parking garage 2+ block away may well result in stolen camera gear/stuff in my car - I passed on it.

The capture clips may work well on a standard belt (I had a belt pack with a large front pocket so the clips would go on my hips, which was not a good spot) and I did not have my backpack on that trip, so as of this post I still have no Peak Design anything.

Last edited by madison_wi_gal; 05-17-2023 at 05:06 AM.
05-17-2023, 05:05 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Indeed, their customer service always comes through. Their are priced higher-end (though not alone) but truly stand behind their products.

05-18-2023, 11:45 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
The capture clips may work well on a standard belt (I had a belt pack with a large front pocket so the clips would go on my hips, which was not a good spot) and I did not have my backpack on that trip, so as of this post I still have no Peak Design anything.
I have a Capture clip on the left-hand shoulder strap of my Everyday backpack and I love it. It's convenient to grab the camera, it frees up both hands and the camera doesn't swing around and bang into things. I can even clip the camera there with my DA*300 attached for short periods of time, though that does get heavy on my left shoulder...
05-19-2023, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
I have a Capture clip on the left-hand shoulder strap of my Everyday backpack and I love it. It's convenient to grab the camera, it frees up both hands and the camera doesn't swing around and bang into things. I can even clip the camera there with my DA*300 attached for short periods of time, though that does get heavy on my left shoulder...
I now have Capture Clips on most of my bags, and it has become a criteria when selecting a bag that it can accept a Capture Clip. Especially critical for Slings.
05-19-2023, 11:05 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently bought my first Peak Design strap...the leash and I wasn't sure I was going to like it because the strap was slippery with no gripping surface. So, over the shoulder wasn't going to work well. But I realized the way to wear it is over the head and shoulder, and the smooth strap makes it easy yo bring the camera to eye level. I just order a second one and a set of extra camera connectors.

05-23-2023, 05:25 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
I recently bought my first Peak Design strap...the leash and I wasn't sure I was going to like it because the strap was slippery with no gripping surface. So, over the shoulder wasn't going to work well. But I realized the way to wear it is over the head and shoulder, and the smooth strap makes it easy yo bring the camera to eye level. I just order a second one and a set of extra camera connectors.
Indeed, it works best as a sling strap. Worthy of mention, you picked the smallest of their shoulder straps, and the only one which doesn't have a rubberized surface on one side. The Slide and Slide Loite both have this. Flip the strap on one side, it slides smoothly. Slip it on the other side, it stays in place.