Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20 Sensor Cleaning?

I'm just wondering what sensor cleaning items people are willing to vouch for, here. It seems Pentax is getting fifty bucks for a swab, and paper to clean off the swab, and, well, I'm not sure what there is to that.

At this point in my life, I'm rarely changing lenses amid flying bacon grease, so I'm particularly wondering if I can get a few one-time use swabs such as I see on Adorama and be OK for any emergencies and be OK a while.

Cause I also didn't come all this way to be left scratching my head if I manage to get a blob of something on the sensor, here.

01-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Have not had to clean my K20D in the 3 months I've had it. I've cleaned the K100D a few times with the Pec pad and Eclipse fluid uneventfully, though.
01-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm reasonably careful changing lenses and have not yet run into any dust that hasn't cleaned off of the sensor with a blower bulb. If I get something sticky on my sensor I'll look into other options, but for the last year or so a blower has been sufficient and nice and easy to use/ carry with me.
01-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's so, I don't expect to need it any particular time soon, I just don't like the idea of relying on gear I can't clean.