Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Forum Member

Waterproof Case

What type of waterproof case you guys like? I like to fasten it to the deck of my sea kayak. Been looking at the Otter Box.
Thanks
Barry

01-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pelican is a well known brand for waterproofing and durability.
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I'm planning to go to Thailand and Cambodia so I wanted to get a waterproof camera pack, so I just bought a Lowepro Dryzone 200 from Prodigital for about $120 on ebay (they have a "make on offer" on this bag... and I have not received it yet). There is a review on amazon where a person said that he actually swam with the bag! Now I don't know if the exposure on a kayak through rapids would exceed what this bag was designed for, but for my uses, it will meet my needs.

Here's what lowepro's website says about the bag...

"DryZone is the world’s first totally waterproof, soft-sided camera backpack. Even fully loaded, they float so your gear is always protected. The inner drypod with patented, waterproof TIZIP™ zipper provides 100% watertight protection. It’s like a drysuit for your equipment. When less protection is needed, leave the TIZIP™ open and fasten just the inner zipper and top clip for easier access."

01-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #4

I am also looking for a waterproof case

Does anyone have any links so I can find a water proof case?

01-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
well, just got my lowepro... and it's ginormous! fitting 2 bodies and 8 lenses (probably 5 primes, and 2 zooms) and a flash looks like it would be no problem... I think I will take it into the shower to see how waterproof this thing is, but by the looks of it, I'm very impressed.