Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Note that while focus indication works on K mount lenses, it does not work for M42 lenses, or for lenses with non conducting lens mounts. (Anodized or Painted black)

Some people use tinfoil to short pin 7 of the lens mount to get focus confirmation.,

I guess we´re talking about the OP´s *istD here, right Lowell? `Cause focus confirmation certainly works on my K-7 (and if I recall right, did so on my K10D) with the Super Taks. The focus trap however, need to have the contacts shorted to work on the 55/1.8, but the 200/4 had a wide lens base covering the contacts, making the trap work.

In any case (back to topic) , when focusing get really critical I´ve found the red indicator frames (K10D and K-7) to be smaller than the actual focus sensor field and it´s a bit tricky to nail a thin/small object at large apertures so a split screen is really useful then.

Last edited by matsoberg; 09-18-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: spelling error
09-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Matsoberg

I would agree 100%

Additionally I find it difficult to focus my fidgets without a split image die to the dof

As for the focus indication you are correct. The istD does not show focus confirmation

Not so sure about the k7 because I had to take the paint off my extension tubes