Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
PENTAX single sling backpack

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Has anyone used this pack? Looking for any feedback. I really like the single sling pack setup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200291453974

01-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Several of us here have it. It is pretty good. I carry one of my bodies in it with a medium telephoto and most of the stuff in my signature plus a Metz 48 flash. It will take the K20D with the battery grip. The waist belt comes off. It has plenty of places for spare batteries, cards, shutter release cables etc.
01-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
Very cool, thanks.
01-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #4

I have the bag myself as well. Highly recommended

01-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I actually shipped mine away today lol

Everything was great about it but the single strap. Maybe I'm too particular about it, but even the Kata I bought to replace it just isn't comfortable on the shoulder(s).

That said...the Pentax bag held soooooo much stuff. I could have all my lenses with me...or have the MX and lens...or have a wireless flash setup.

It's small on the outside...but man, can it hold everything...
01-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
WJW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have the same bag and love it. It is my everyday bag and holds more than you would expect. I prefer it over the similar sized Lowepro because there is a center camera compartment and a lower lens compartment.

BTW, the same people sell the bag w/o other junk for about $16 less. Do an ebay search under Pentax Sling.
01-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WJW Quote
Have the same bag and love it. It is my everyday bag and holds more than you would expect. I prefer it over the similar sized Lowepro because there is a center camera compartment and a lower lens compartment.

BTW, the same people sell the bag w/o other junk for about $16 less. Do an ebay search under Pentax Sling.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Good to know. Thanks.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

01-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This was some of my comments when I received my Pentax Slingbag.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-accessories/37413-pentax-sl...ny-images.html

By the way, that looks like a fun little tripod included in the ebay auction in your link. I am not saying that you should or should not get that bag/tripod/other stuff combo but I have seen more than a few places around the Internet, on this forum and ebay that sell the bags for around $30.
It is also worth noting that a few places around the Internet have reduced prices on the Lowepro 200 Slingshot. These bags can be had for $50 and that includes shipping. A very good bargain.
A lot of people are very satisfied with both bags. I take mine almost everywhere.
01-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #9

nice photos in that thread.
i'm expecting the pentax sling soon
01-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
This was some of my comments when I received my Pentax Slingbag.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-accessories/37413-pentax-sl...ny-images.html

By the way, that looks like a fun little tripod included in the ebay auction in your link. I am not saying that you should or should not get that bag/tripod/other stuff combo but I have seen more than a few places around the Internet, on this forum and ebay that sell the bags for around $30.
It is also worth noting that a few places around the Internet have reduced prices on the Lowepro 200 Slingshot. These bags can be had for $50 and that includes shipping. A very good bargain.
A lot of people are very satisfied with both bags. I take mine almost everywhere.
Nice thread, thanks. I settled on the Pentax. Should be here in a few days.