Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
BlackRapid Straps

if you do not know this strap, it might be something you are looking for.

A friend of mine brought the RS1 strap, and i gave it a try. I have to say, it's a wonder to use. It's comfortable to use, the ergonomics are fantastic, and you can safely carry your camera without the neck strap (which can be uncomfortable from time to time) It's the kind of thing that you wonder "Why no one tought about that in the first place".
I've ordered one for myself!

Any fellow Pentaxians here use them? Do you like them?

BlackRapid: Home for info.

(No i do not work for them , nor endorse their product, just that i was really impressed with the simplicity and fun of use)

Cheers

01-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There was a whole thread on straps here just recently where there was much talk about that strap, it was called, I think 'I want an awesome strap,' (These came up toward the end.)

Pretty interesting, those, I think.
01-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I probably missed that one... Sorry for the spam!
01-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Spam? Hardly. Anyway, much discussion there, I think much of it about my combination of curiosity and skepticism about the idea.

Could go pretty nice with a wool overcoat, actually, (slung so the camera falls on the left) is one thing I'm thinking. It's pretty clever, I think. Most camera-carrying innovations don't actually do much for gals my size, has been my general experience: by the time, for instance, I put on a bunch of belt pouches, I'd have doubled my effective girth in all directions to carry four lenses, assuming any cameras were carried separately. I always thought such things were utterly silly till I saw a *big dude* wearing his kit that way.

Kind of a lot for a strap, though.

01-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #5

I have always wanted to try
DIY R-STRAP
though I am kind of afraid of the strap coming unscrewed from the tripod mount while I am sauntering around.
-southy
01-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by southy Quote
I have always wanted to try
DIY R-STRAP
though I am kind of afraid of the strap coming unscrewed from the tripod mount while I am sauntering around.
-southy
That was a concern that came to my mind pretty quickly, too. I gather that there is some manner of locking mechanism you get with the Rapid-strap people's connectors. It's not like their stuff is *so* expensive that you probably mayn't as well buy one unless you already have a house full of suitable strappage. I actually don't, myself. But I used to fix up old cameras and give em to photo students, so I don't actually have a whole lot of good extras.
01-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's comfy and works great...

Use the R-2 version all the time. It's attached per the instructions and is quite secure. I don't give it a second thought.

Cheers...

01-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Made myself one for free with some spare hardware. All you need is a small carabiner, an L-bracket, and a screw. Works just fine, maybe not as pretty...