Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #16
Forum Member

Hey there!

I own a Lowepro Flipside 300, and highly recommend it. I have a K200d with kit lens, 50mm SMC Pentax M, 80-200 twist-pull M lens, 52 Cokin filter ring with couple filter, Cactus wireless trigger, battery charger, lens cleaning kit, etc. etc. Still have room for my flash and another lens if i want to cram a little, really not to tight.

Best thing about this bag is the great padding on the straps and back. I have owned it around 8 months, and it shows no signs of wear. I bike, and hike a lot so thats saying something. In addition to the shoulder straps it has cross straps at chest and hips. With the hip strap clipped you can swing the bag on your hips and get to your gear.

In addition the pouch in the top is removable for larger lens/camera, and there is a compact tripod holder on the back.

Got mine for $100-$110 at my camera store.

Maybe need one size up for K10d plus grip, but its worth the extra $$$$

01-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well...I pulled the trigger today and came home with something off my radar

I got a great deal on a Lowepro Mini Trekker...$130 out the door...cheaper than Amazon even

It has great space but still not "bulbous" for the urban environment. The waist straps are not removable although I can tuck them into the weather-cover area. Don't need to use space in the bag for the cover anymore...hear that, Kata?

I'm not crazy about the 2 giant pockets inside the flap but there's enough space inside the rear-most pocket I won't need to use them.

The K10+grip fit snugly. Unlike the Pentax bag, there is (purposefully) nothing above the hotshoe area.

I do find the bag comfy...got to load it and walk around the store for a good 15 minutes...even without any of the other straps.

I hope I've made the right choice, and if I didn't, I have a sizable list to continue to shop.

Thank you, everyone who responded
01-29-2009, 04:09 AM   #18
Veteran Member

After more bags than I can remember, I'm fully convinced at this point the perfect camera bag just does not exist, Ryan. Each and every one has limits, deficiencies, or inadequacies in some way or another.

My solution for everyday personal photography is the minimalistic approach, carrying around only the items absolutely needed. That means camera, one lens (28-250 zoom), and several filters (polarizer, closeup, etc). During the dull winter months, a flash is added along with flash accessories (bounce device, etc). All this fits into a single 6x12-inch (interior) shoulder bag with a couple of outside pockets. Now quite proficient at photography with this minimal setup.

Anyway, good luck with your new camera bag.

stewart
01-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Stewart,

I agree with you on that Sometimes I will take just a camera with a 50mm lens and slip the Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim in my back pocket.

Someone on another forum has a Think Tank Urban Disguise 30 and he's looking for a 40 or 50...so I told him I'll take the 30 off his hands. Nice and small but roomy

01-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Those think tank urban disguise bags are probably the best shoulder bags I've seen. I love that you can use a Skin belt with it.