Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #1

Is there CS-205 cable switch extension or a remote trigger w/ focus control?

Hi gang,

I have a Pentax K10D and a CS-205 cable switch, as well as the Remote Control F. Unfortunately, the Remote Control F does not seem to have a feature to adjust the focus when you depress the button halfway. The CS-205 does, but the cable is not very long. Do any of you know if there is an extension cable made to fit the Cs-205 to give me some more length, or alternately if there is a better wireless remote trigger available that will allow me to focus remotely?

Thanks!

01-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the cable switch is a pretty simple device - i bet you can just use earphone extender cables.... or hell if you really need to, cut up the wire and add in some extra length yourself...
01-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
The thought has crossed my mind on both of those ideas. Guess I'll try the earphone extender first, haha.
01-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #4

The K10D and K20D have a (C) custom menu option that enables and disables AF when the infra-red remote is half pressed.
edit: I'm not sure if it recognizes a half press, but it _will_ AF before tripping the shutter, the way it would if you just press the physical shutter button in AF-S.
end edit:

I can't remember now for sure if that was available on my K100D, but I think you can do it with that camera as well...

-Chris

Last edited by hinckc; 01-22-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: correctness... :)
01-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #5

Original Poster
Yep...found this out tonight too. I justed needed to set “AF in remote control” to yes on the Custom menu and the Remote F worked like a charm. And yeah, it was a full press that activated the AF.
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
the cable switch is a pretty simple device - i bet you can just use earphone extender cables.... or hell if you really need to, cut up the wire and add in some extra length yourself...
It's a standard 3.5mm(?) stereo miniphone plug so you should be able to just buy an extension. Here's a few from a reputable dealer: Parts-Express.com - 3.5mm Stereo Cords
01-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #7

I have a wireless (not infrared) remote that I got off Ebay. It works great. There is a receiver that plugs into the camera, and a transmitter with an extendable antenna. Even with the antenna retracted, it has great range. It works from anywhere, front, back, or sides of the camera. And it has the half-press for fucus feature. I love it.