Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Bogen 3001 to Manfrotto 322RC2

Hi all!
Do all heads fit all tripods? I was thinking of getting a Manfrotto 3322RC2 Ball head for my Bogen 3001 tripod. It may not be the best tripod but it's paid for!
Also is there an inexpensive tripod for getting low? Sandbag perhaps?
Thank you.

Jim

01-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most heads have a 3/8" receiver (female attachement) and a 1/4" insert for smaller screw threads, so technically you should be able to fit one ballhead onto another leg set easily. But . . .

I have discovered the hard (thoughtless) way that even Manfrotto heads do not match all Manfrotto legs.

I have the MF 3021Pro legs and MF 3047 Pan/Tilt head - I bought this combination as a new kit for a decent price from an online dealer.

Recently I added a MF 3076 ballhead purchased from a Forum member. The base diameter on the new ballhead is at least 1 1/2" larger in diameter than the base on the leg set. I ssume this is a vintage ballhead and the basic Manfrotto designs have changed over the years.

This doesn't actually cause any problems, but it looks terrible.