Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2007, 08:46 AM   #1

Any good bag for Pentax K100D?

Hi
thank you for reading my post.
I am looking for a bag for my pentax K100D, does any one has some experiences with lowepro bags?

I am thinking about off trail 1 bag, Lowepro - Off Trail 1

Does any one has a comment for it?
any alternative in same range of price?

I want it to be both belt and shoulder to distribute the weight and does not make any problem for me.

03-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Besides the camera body, what else do you plan on carrying? I have a Tamrac Velocity 6 which is nice and small and carries my body with kit mounted and has room for a flash and another lens. The 200 mm lenses are a bit too large for it if not mounted though. Otherwise, a great bag.
03-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
I will carry a pentax K100D, charger, some extra battry one or two macro filter, 18-55 lens kit.
that Tamrac looks good.
Thanks,
03-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I use a Billingham Hadley Pro, which I received as a birthday present:

Billingham Hadley Pro Shoulder Bag (Black/Tan)

I absolutely love it because it's just a waterproof canvas and leather satchel, so it doesn't attract attention quite the way a Lowe or Tamron bag does. I'm able to wander around all day without screaming, "PHOTOGRAPHER!" to everyone I pass. The bag holds my film and digital bodies and 4-5 lenses (compact primes, mostly), as well as film, batteries, SD cards, etc.

It's a little expensive, but exquisitely crafted and totally bombproof. I love it.

03-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry, I guess you posted your clarification while I was madly typing...

But that Billingham is still a great bag!
03-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I have the Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini - which I use when I go out with the camera with one lens (and it can fit the kit lens or the 50-200 quite comfortably), extra batteries and cards in the pocket etc. I also use it inside my bike messenger bag when I'm taking extra lenses along.

Lowepro - Topload Zoom Mini
03-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I saw a good review of the Off Trail just the other day. I'll see if I can't find the link again for you. Basically though, the reviewer liked that the lens cases on either side could be swapped with other modules, taken off, or used to store other items when not holding lenses or a flash.

The only thing I might think about with the Off Trail is that it is unmistakably a camera bag, and that may be a concern for you in urban areas. If you only hike--not so much, but...

In a similar vein, the Lowepro Photorunner is an excellent lumbar pack, and has a comfortable shoulder carry strap that tucks away when not using it.

As for the quality of LowePro bags, I have not found that to be an issue. I own exclusively Lowepro for both SLR and video equipment.

03-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #8

Naneu Pro

I wanted a bag that doesn't look like a camera bag, so I opted for this:

Military Ops - Lima - Naneu Pro | Camera Bag & Laptop Case Solutions

It looked a bit shabby on the site, but upon arrival, I noticed it's very good build quality - made using all high-grade materials!

The bag comes with padded camera inserts that you can take out to convert the bag to an everyday bag if needed.

Got it here with 10% off coupon "bagsforme":
Naneu Pro Military Lima Briefcase Style Camera Bag

Naneu Pro also offers more "professional looking" bags. Check out their site
03-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #9

To me any black leather/plastic coated square bag will shout CAMERA! It it's not the color then it's the shape that gives it away.

Since I never use dedicated laptop bag I figured why bother with dedicated camera bag either so I got myself National Geographic Earth Explorer Medium Shoulder Bag. I had exactly three requirements - it had to be any other color than black (no only for reason mentioned above but it's just that I black bags look ugly to me), it had to be shoulder bag and it had to allow quick access to my camera.

It's not big, so it's not suitable for carrying camera + several lenses + flash + laptop + chargers + whatnot. But it's quite adequate for my 12" laptop, K100D with attached lens, flash, charger and sandwich. For trips where I only take the camera and the sandwich it's almost perfect. Besides, it looks like a bag, not like a container
03-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

LowePro Slingshot 100 AW

Go for LowePro Slingshot 100 AW. Should be just perfect for equipment you've mentioned.
04-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I agree with betsypdx: for k100 with one lens installed and other small items, Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini is enough and quite confortable.
For more medium size lenses, filters, adapters, a.s.o. I am very satisfied with Lowepro Micro Trekker Lowepro - Micro Trekker 100
Success!
Andrei
04-05-2007, 03:30 AM   #12
roy
Inactive Account

i use a lowepro ex-160. i can't believe all i can get in it.
cam and kit lens, large zoom, medium prime,6-8 rings,3 extra sets batteries,couple of CPLs,lenspen,table top tripod,cleaning kit,extra sd cards.
attach the velcro flash case to the strap and i'm ready to go.
04-05-2007, 05:23 AM   #13
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by betsypdx Quote
I have the Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini - which I use when I go out with the camera with one lens (and it can fit the kit lens or the 50-200 quite comfortably), extra batteries and cards in the pocket etc. I also use it inside my bike messenger bag when I'm taking extra lenses along.

Lowepro - Topload Zoom Mini
I have several camera bags. Which one I use depends on what I have in mind to do and how much equpment I want to carry

I also have this topload zoom mini for the times that I need something compact and only want to carry the camera with one zoom lens, some batteries and a few accessories.

I would definitely recommend it.