Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Round eyecup

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hey anyone used one of these?

I'm looking for something a bit better than the supplied but the ones with magnifying glass in seems to just cause problems so how about this?

Eyecup Eye Cup for Pentax ist DL K100D K10D K20D K200D on eBay, also, Accessory Kits, Digital Camera Accessories, Photography (end time 15-Feb-09 20:05:08 GMT)

Anyone used one before? Got any photos of one on or through a k10d/k20d?

02-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Hoodman made a 20mm Hoodeye that apparently has been discontinued. I am looking at a similar item on e-bay. I would also be interested in its quality. We had snow recently and I found myself cupping my hand to block the glare.

Last edited by 71Matador250; 02-06-2009 at 06:03 AM.
02-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 71Matador250 Quote
Hoodman made a 20mm Hoodeye that apparently has been discontinued. I am looking at a similar item on e-bay. I would also be interested in its quality. We had snow recently and I found myself cupping my hand to block the glare.
I used something the same shape years and years ago, (it didn't have the same mounting or those interchangeable bits.) and, well, I liked it OK. The biggest downside was that it kind of got in the way of opening the back, which isn't an issue you'd have there. Certainly, there's not as much out there that'll provide as much shading from stray light. A lot of this kind of stuff I've seen in recent years just isn't as well-made as it used to be, but a brand name one ought to be OK.

Probably, the only real way to find out if you like it is to try one.
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I bought one a few days ago on ebay a more expensive specifically for pentax one, supposed to be made of rubber instead of the plastic. But it hasn't arrived yet due to the weather! but my new DA* 50-135 made it ok. Royal Mail.....

02-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
I bought one a few days ago on ebay a more expensive specifically for pentax one, supposed to be made of rubber instead of the plastic. But it hasn't arrived yet due to the weather! but my new DA* 50-135 made it ok. Royal Mail.....
I hear you're pretty socked in over there, at least by England standards.

I'd be curious to see how it works out when you do get it. I'm interested in anything that helps me see. I got this really cheap, but pretty cute little circular one for my ME Super, which is OK if you take the cheap glass out, but I don't think the mounting is going to last long under use.
02-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yep it's pretty snowy here....

Last edited by dopeytree; 04-24-2009 at 12:37 PM.
02-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
Inactive Account

I also ordered one of the e-bay fotocala eyecups, I'll let you know how it looks. We had similar weather here last week. I stayed home with the kids 4 days and my wife the nurse went to work, and grandparents and teachers got some well deserved time off!

02-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Still Waiting on the Eyecup, slow mail boat from China eh?
02-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Could be. The mail's been a bit slow in general, I noticed earlier this month. It's usually quite good here, compared to other places I've lived recently. I suspect some budget-tightening.