Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #16
pdo

I don't know how to fix your problem but I can never get my K20D to trigger my Calumet Travelite or Norman Power Packs. I would suggest getting wireless triggers such as the Cybersync from Paul C. Buff. That's what I'm using and it is 100% reliable.

QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
I just posted a problem with the K20d x-sync where I can only get one shot off, then I have to power down the connected light to take another. Hopefully someone can provide some insight.

03-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for thier help so far. The personal experience is what helps the most, I think. I don't have a store around to look at this kind of thing, so I rely on these opinions, totally. I also take quite some time to formulate a decision becuase I can't actually look at the items. Like I said before, I have quite some time to make a decision, so if you want to know that your opinion matters to someone, here is the place to post it.

On a side note, I have decided to let the cheap set of lights that I found, pass. I have never been disappointed in getting something a bit above my immediate needs. It gives me a little room to grow.

Thanks again guys, and keep the opinions coming. They are appreciated.
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I second the Cybersync suggestion. Also, I got very lucky. A friend of my dad's saw two 500 Ws Photogenics strobes at a thrift store. Bought them for $20 and gave them to me for a Christmas gift. I had to replace the capacitors and a resistor, but now they work very well. In effect, I paid about 2% original price.