Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
AF 360 FGZ Shoe repair

I am replacing a broken shoe on my AF360 FGZ and the five wires connect to the shoe pins that make contact with the camera shoe. My problem is when my flash shoe snapped off, thanks to my dog, the red lead came deatached from its pin or location of soldering, and I do not know where it is supposed to go!
I know where the orange, yellow, brown and green wires go, just not the red one! I am not totally sure but I believe that the red lead should attach to small silver bracket on the right side.

FYI Purchased part from Pentax in coloarado.
Cost $3.00 + $8.00 shipping
8 weeks for part to arrive.
Time to repair : about 1 hour
Techincal ability necessary: a little above average.
tools: size #o phillips head screwdriver, small tip soldering gun, solder, flux.
Tips: Take pics of broken assembly before dissasembling further.( 4tiny screws, 1 tiny spring, 1 locking pin, 4 contact pins with springs, 2 brackets.[/SIZE][/FONT]

08-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #2

help me

Please i have the same problem in Spain, i had broken the shoe of a af-360fgz, but here i cannot repair it because pentax not sell me the broken part, please do you help me? give a site for buy it? or how i can get this part.
thanks for all