Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Inactive Account

is there a battery grip for a k100d

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

i'm looking to get a battery grip for my k100d, i saw a few on ebay and i wasnt sure about if they had the shutter release button and if they're fully functional, i don't want to go and waste some money if it doesn't have all the settings a battery grip for a nikon would have.

03-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is the only one I know of. It seems to be functional...

Dicain Vertical Shutter Grip SG-2 for K100D (Super) - eBay (item 380065375138 end time Mar-17-09 07:54:56 PDT)
03-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #3

Hello,

Ansmann has a a respectable collection of battery grips for all the big players in tphotography (digital anyway). There is also a grip for K100D which I was considering a while ago, but decided to spend the extra money on a new lens instead for a grip. Have alook here:
ANSMANN AG: Battery grips

Grip for K100D:
ANSMANN AG: P-100

Hope this helps,
Bostjan
03-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
This one doesn't appear to serve as a battery, though I like how it taps into the cable switch terminal neatly.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bostjan Quote
This looks a lot like the Travor grip, though it's likely more expensive and better made.

The only battery grip for the K100d I've seen is this one from Ownuser. Though from the pictures, it looks like it leaves the terminal door on the left side opened, with cables connected to the cable switch and DC input terminals. It would have been nice if they designed these connections to be tidy like the Dicain model. It does have the nice feature of being able to take rechargeable AAs or lithiums, like the camera itself.

Last edited by chiem; 03-05-2009 at 08:28 PM.
03-05-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the travor grip. Other than missing the vertical shutter button it is excellent. So far I haven't been able to run out of battery power and the camera seems a lot more responsive and faster focus, even in very low light where with AA batteries would just helplessly hunt.

The only gripe is that for some reason when I try to use AA eneloops they run out of jusice very fast, like 20 shots or so. Before getting the grip I could go for hundreds and hundreds of shots before they'd get dischared.

I checked the voltage of the grip after a full recharge and it was 5.99 volts.
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Ownuser Grip

I finally pulled the trigger on the Ownuser grip, regardless of having to have the side door open to use it. Glad I did. I attached an L-grip as well, which adds protection for the open door. The door is between the camera body and the L-grip. I'm loving this set up!

04-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bostjan Quote
Hello,

Ansmann has a a respectable collection of battery grips for all the big players in tphotography (digital anyway). There is also a grip for K100D which I was considering a while ago, but decided to spend the extra money on a new lens instead for a grip. Have alook here:
ANSMANN AG: Battery grips

Grip for K100D:
ANSMANN AG: P-100

Hope this helps,
Bostjan
I wonder if the Ansmann battery grips for the K10D/K20D is actually priced cheaper than OEM and if they are also weathersealed.
This would be a good alternative than OEM if it's also weathersealed.