Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #1

Connect K20D to USB HDD?

Hi there!
I have a K20D and need some ware to save my pictures when I’m out traveling. Can I connect a USB HDD directly to the camera USB connection?

If not can you recommend something where I can save the pictures? I don’t want to carry a Laptop with me…

Regard Ola A.

03-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
eclipsed450

likely not; but something like this might do the trick: Digital Foci: Photo Safe II Portable Picture Storage I can't vouch for the brand or model, but you get the idea; stick your SD card into it, move the pics over, then put the card back in the camera; then when you get home, download all the pics from the one drive
03-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A few folks around here are using Wolverines
03-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
I’m so glad for fast response. I’m going to check the tip you giving me.

Still I don’t get a straight answer for the connection…?

Regard
Ola A.

03-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can not use an external HDD (like the wolverine) as an alternative to SD cards if that is your question.

RemoteAssistant3 does let you control the camera via a laptop and stores the images taken directly to disk on the laptop, but that's not what you're wanting based on your questions.

I don't now about other hardware but from the specs I see on the Wolverine ESP it looks like you can use the USB cable to download directly from camera without removing the SD card. Hopefully one of the folks using this device will chime in.
03-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #6

Checkout hyper drive, I still own it's HD80 the fastest card copier as I used.

It also work as a USB 2 HD when you going home.
03-15-2009, 02:24 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks allot! Then I now the picture ;-) I’m going to look at the suggested solutions. Thanks again for quick answers.

It’s interesting that developers for the camera software, they can put allot of energy on stupid functionality, filters… but make an easy transfer interface for the picture to HDD in the camera… nooo. I wonder sometime if they really do photo? I really miss a digital camera with only Manuel handling and a good light measure system. I don’t need autofocus (I never use it only irritating.) Who use the filters on the field? Don’t you need to correct the image anyway… Who many prints directly from the camera?

Regard
Ola A.