Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ritz Idiot: Pentax Going out of business!!

I went in to Ritz at the local mall today to look at Flashes for my *istDl that I bought on closeout from Ritz online. When I asked about a Pentax flash the guy said, "We don't carry any Pentax, they're going out of business".

My response, "Oh, I heard that it was Ritz that was ready to go out of business, not Pentax", I then told him that he was wrong and he needed to get his facts straight. That was right before I walked out the door.

Ok, since Ritz was no help. I need a decent flash for < 100 bucks. What's the best deal? I'm ok with BEH or fleaBay if the deals are better.

03-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Vivitar 285HV would be my bet for a shoe mount.
With salesmen like that, Ritz can not close it's doors to soon.
03-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The 283 also, just watch for the voltages.
03-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wonder why Ritz tanked ;~)

03-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

I just came back from the one on Federal Highway in Pompano Beach, Florida.
(I swear.) And while the place has always been pretty bad, this store was pitiful.

You could not believe the crap/garbage they had on the shelves with ratty and torn boxes--one of this, one of that--it was more like a garage sale than an actual store.

They also had a discount bin of film for $1 a roll, and the freshest stock they had there expired in 2002.

Mind you, everything else was priced through the roof,. It was the most retarded shopping experience I've experienced in years, and walked out with nothing. And down here, they share their space with Boater's World for marine supplies, which also sucks.

Let them go out of business--the world will be a better a place without them.
03-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
Banned

Original Poster
When I started shopping for a DSLR after Christmas I went to the local ritz. They seem to have a decent selection and decent deals. But they apologized for low stock on Canon and Nikon. After the chapter 11 for Ritz was announced I knew the real reason that stock was low. They owe Nikon and Canon millions of dollars, no wonder they couldn't get stock. EVen with chapter 11, without those two brands on their side they are toast.
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Check the strobist blog... there are some nice flashguns beside 285HV