Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

AF-540 FGZ Rattle

Just received it today and noticed that when I tilt or shake it there is a slight rattle from somewhere inside the unit. I have tested it both on and off camera in all of the settings and everything seems to be working wonderfully.

So, I was wondering if anyone who has this particular flash could tell me if that is normal?

Mike

03-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I just shook mine, no rattling, maybe you should return it
03-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No rattles here either. Can you verify that the zoom works? When you take it into manual zoom mode and sequence through do you hear/feel the motor working?
03-17-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by M Vlosich Quote
Just received it today and noticed that when I tilt or shake it there is a slight rattle from somewhere inside the unit. I have tested it both on and off camera in all of the settings and everything seems to be working wonderfully.

So, I was wondering if anyone who has this particular flash could tell me if that is normal?

Mike
My new few days old 540 also rattles but works ok. The sliders on the back are a bit loose and perhaps they cause the rattling. I'm not worried.

03-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
No rattles here either. Can you verify that the zoom works? When you take it into manual zoom mode and sequence through do you hear/feel the motor working?
Both the auto and manual zoom appear to be working just fine. I've used almost every setting the flash has and everything seems to be working just fine.

QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
My new few days old 540 also rattles but works ok. The sliders on the back are a bit loose and perhaps they cause the rattling. I'm not worried.
I put my fingers on all the buttons on the back and the sound diminished greatly but there was still a little noise. I'm thinking it has to do with the button contacts inside then. Chalking this up to the wonderful Chinese construction.

Thank you for the replies, they have been helpful.