Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hey DAZ, thanks for the reminder

i went into the customs menu and there it was, you turn the pop up flash from a master to a controller, and it does not affect exposure

i came home today packing a new lightstand with umbrella and started to play around

and it works perfectly!!

i can delay the purchase of radio triggers for now, keen gear.

04-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Thanks Jim,

expnesive but i guess it works.

Surprised no one reverse engineered a wireless version, they have people microwaving your shoes from space, i'm sure this wont be far behind...
Totally welcome. And here's the "ebay" cable I had seen posted here: OFF CAMERA P-TTL FLASH CORD FOR PENTAX K10D K100D - eBay (item 360138429082 end time Apr-11-09 05:06:59 PDT)
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #18
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Hey DAZ, thanks for the reminder

i went into the customs menu and there it was, you turn the pop up flash from a master to a controller, and it does not affect exposure

i came home today packing a new lightstand with umbrella and started to play around

and it works perfectly!!

i can delay the purchase of radio triggers for now, keen gear.
Your welcome. Every now and then I guess the right question. Sometime I get the correct answer, although usually not to the right question. About once a year I get them both lined up and today (April 1) was the day. Now what am I going to do the rest of the year.

DAZ
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
funny you should post this, my local Henry's had this in the back with all the other "3rd party" junk

i was tempted to buy it, but the cord seemed rather short.

i wonder if just spicing the wires and extending it would do the trick.

04-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #20
Veteran Member

It's worth a try at least if you have the right soldering gear and good enough quality wire to splice inbetween. You're only out $30 and time if it doesn't work (assuming you don't cross wires and end up pushing 6v hard through the digital connections ).
04-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I believe someone tested the RadioPoppers (original version that effectively was a retransmitter for Canon/Nikon optical wireless systems) with Pentax P-TTL in optical wireless mode and it worked. The RPs didn't have anything protocol-specific, they just forwarded pulses detected by the transmitter to the receiver.

I think the new RPs behave like a wired system though? Not sure.