Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
and had no rain fly.
This is what I'm worried about. The rain fly has to be separate from the tent, there has to be an air layer between them and the fly has to cover low to the ground. I'm just not seeing that in the pictures of the Quechua.
A rain fly that extends out to shelter your gear is kinda important, also. The thing is, here in the Great Northwest, you can never be sure what turn the weather will take any time of the year, I'll be sticking with my tent.

04-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #17
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by cgw_vince Quote
And it stands up to the task.

Very easy to deploy and secure, fairly good impermeability. You need a couple of minutes to get the trick to pack it back, but only if you have two left hands (which is my case, btw).

I own a 3'' version, room for 2 and a good deal of space left.

If you need some more info, I can get it out in the backyard and shoot a couple of pics

- Vincent
I don't suppose you'd consider buying a few and shipping them over to us?

I just tried the 'Contact Us' link on their website but it seems to be broken. Is it possible for you to contact them on our behalf and see if they would be prepared to ship to North America?

Last edited by Damn Brit; 04-08-2009 at 08:34 PM.
04-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
This is what I'm worried about. The rain fly has to be separate from the tent, there has to be an air layer between them and the fly has to cover low to the ground. I'm just not seeing that in the pictures of the Quechua.
A rain fly that extends out to shelter your gear is kinda important, also. The thing is, here in the Great Northwest, you can never be sure what turn the weather will take any time of the year, I'll be sticking with my tent.
They actually say they have the flysheet in place for all their tent, see the "Tests and Quality" section. sigh.. I just hope I can see it in person so I can compare it with others.